Priceline Hotel: Need help for busy weekend in Nashville (April 25-26)

mtsublueraider
By mtsublueraider,
in

I am trying to find the best deal on a 3-star or better hotel in Nashville for the night of April 25th. I would prefer downtown, then Airport, then Opryland area. The only thing that scares me about the airport is the 3-star Marriott Courtyard. I've stayed there before and it's not very impressive so that zone would be my last choice. Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks!

*Would like to stay around the $50 dollar mark. :::crosses fingers:::

Anything 3 star or better in downtown is GREAT...

I would prefer the 3.5 star level at the Airport after that.

(Sherition Music City..etc..)

Can you clarify your preference...

Do you first want to bid for a 3* Downtown hotel up to your $50 biding limit, then if rejected...

Bid for 3.5* Airport hotel up to $50, then if rejected...

Try for a 3* Opryland hotel up to $50

OR

Looking for a 3* or better up to $50 in either the Downtown or Opryland zone... then if rejected try for a 3.5* or better in the Airport zone.

Please clarify... it sounds as if the first method is close to your goal, but realize that if a Downtown zone is available for $50 and an Opryland hotel is available for $35... using the method above you would get the more expensive Downtown hotel since you would never make it to the third step of the bidding process (when you include Opryland)

Or do you have something else in mind?

Let us know your preferences and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are correct in your assumption my friend. The event we are attending is downtown so that is the first preference. I would rather spend up to my limit, whatever that ends up being downtown and then get father and father away as need be.

1st- Downtown

2nd- Airport

3rd- Opryland

I'm just afraid, that after the prices I've see on Expedia and other sites that this is an especially busy weekend for some reason. Heck, it may be because of the concert we're going to! Nashville has always been a fairly expensive town for a nice hotel. Go figure. It's not like Las Vegas where you can get a room for $49 a night on a weekend. A supply and demand sort of thing I suppose. I can't even find a hotwire rate I'm interested in. Try that one on for size. Thanks again!

Now that i look at rates they are quite high, for starters you can try as follows:

At the 3* level you have THREE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Airport...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Opryland...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50

Any question feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I assume I'll be adjusting those rates. Earlier this morning I went ahead and threw in $50 though the PRICELINE link on the site for all three zones. Yikes. We do have a backup plan so i think i'll stick with this plan every 24 hours until something sticks. I am not clear on the re-bid zones in nashville. Can you advice? I do understand the concept, but just not in Nashville.

List each zone in Nashville and the highest star rating available in each, using the following technique from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

Where, and how much, is your back-up?

Thanks for using these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

• 3 weeks later...
Perhaps this explains the higher than usual rates :)

No, I never had any luck. And yes... it's the Music City Marathon that weekend. Yipppie... :-/ But, it's also the night Dave Matthews Band is playing at Vanderbilt stadium. (I'm going) It's the craziest I've ever seen Nashville outside of Fanfare. Anyone have ANY luck? I see one guy got the Sharaton Music City for $60 a night but he booked for a week...

Just for kicks... I put in April 25-26..

4*

3.5*

3*

2.5*

High bid of $65 with no luck either time. Wonder if I'll have better luck trying for two nights? I will try zones in the airport next.

Nope... tried April 24-26 (4*-2.5*) for $65 a night in Airport/Downtown and didn't get a bite. Maybe Opryland?

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]