Hotwire Hotel: FLL Ft Lauderdale Economy Budget

Nat22
By Nat22,
in

Hi,

I just booked a flight to FLL from March 3 to March 9.

I want to travel around Florida from FLL and north. I have to spend at least 2 days in FLL and I just saw a hotel in North FLL at $42, with breakfast included, pool ( :) :) ) internet access (free?), and kitchenette.

The area interests me, but I would like to know which one it can be, if it is NOT too noisy, and if there is a parking facility around for free.

I also need to book a car, I am starting with the hotel, not sure which way is better.

All information will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you

What is the star rating of the property above?

Are you still seeing this on your own HOTWIRE search as i'm not seeing any hotels (other than a condo) with a Kitchenettte icon appear in this zone for your dates above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes. it comes with YOUR hotwire, Weston-Plantation-Davie and it is 2 1/2*

Hotel details

Star rating: silkHotelStarRating:2.5-star

Check-in date: silkCheckInDate:Tue, Mar 3

Check-out date: silkCheckOutnDate:Thu, Mar 5

Price summary

Hotel rate per night: silkPricePerRoomPerson:$42.00

Nights: silknoOfNights:2

Rooms: silknoOfRooms:1

Subtotal: silksubTotal:$84.00

Tax recovery charges

& fees: silktaxesAndFees:$15.03

Total price: silkgetTotalPriceWithAddOns:$99.03

Prices are in U.S. dollars.

There is another one (2 1/2* too) at $37, but it seems lower class, in North FLL (sorry, maybe I confused you). The location would be okay also.

You say I can get condos also? I might be very interested, not this time, but I have to consider a long trip, a month or more, and would like to rent a condo.. Can you tell me where to look in your site? This hotel is more urgent.

Thank you very much

Okay, we are not sure, but I have read... all I could, they don't seem that bad. Both are in the condos too. The others are much more expensive or in Miami or Hollywood, which are not where I want to go.

Priceline is much more expensive. Where is the bottom you think I could set my price? And to get what? Would I know the name of the hotel before booking? I am not sure about Priceline, never booked a hotel with them

Thanks

With neither Priceline nor Hotwire will you find out the name of the hotel until you have "booked" it. Those are the chances you take with both sites. But, with all the help here on BB, the risk is much less. Check out the icons on your Hotwire offers and then either compare them to the Hotwire lists posted at the top of this forum or ask for more help. You can also do another check by looking at the packages that Hotwire offers. Put in a "dummy" booking from somewhere to FLL and see what comes up in the way of hotels. Match them to what you have already found with the regular Hotwire hotel offerings.

BTW, the Weston-Plantation area is great if you want to spend some time shopping. It's probably the closest area to Sawgrass Mills -- an absolutely incredible outlet mall.

I HAD to decide... It is la Quinta Inn, Plantation :) . I have read bad comments.... at least it is quiet. I will have to go shopping before arriving. Well, only 2 days and so many things to do.

I hope to receive your suggestions for the next step, I have to book most of everything today

Thanks

Congratulations on your win!

Can you please add the dates and car class that you won as a reply to this thread so we can edit the topic title according.

Do you intend to find another car rental for the balance of your stay... then return the rental car and pick up a new one?? :)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) Sorry I am not always clear.... :)

I booked an economy car for March 3 to 9 (6 days) for $14/day with Priceline and it was accepted by Budget. I don't know what car Budget offers in this category. So enough about car. Now more hotels :o

I am in touch with a person who told me I would better go to Naples or fort Myers, I would like it there. More work to do.

Thanks for your help.

BTW I know Sawgrass Mills, I think I will spend most of my first day. Too bad there is no computer store (I remember there is one close by but not fantastic, forgotten which one), will have to go to Circuit City, Target etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where to post this message, which will be very short anyway.

I bid an economy car at $14/day, it was accepted, it was with Budget. I had tried 11, refused, I had no time to play more :)

I got a Hunday Accent, which was perfect for me, the only comment is they should give it clean.... No problem at all, nor on the return, very fast, 2 minutes, but loooong wait to get it.

Happy traveller :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]