Priceline Hotel: 4* or 5* accommodations in Porto (Portugal)?

Joel Rosenbaum
By Joel Rosenbaum,
in

I'm thinking about using Priceline in a nascent market (Porto). I'm looking at a stay for one or two nights (June 10th or 11th through the 12th).

PRICELINE has a four-star and five-star option for this city. According to Tripadvisor, there is one five star (The Sheraton) and six four star options. All of these hotels look reasonable, and understanding the caveats that PRICELINE doesn't abide by Tripadvisor's star rating system, I'm wondering what my options are shaping up as -- I'm also wondering what my bidding strategy should be.

I'm thinking of starting with the five-star, assuming that there's a high likelihood that this will be a bid for the (well-regarded) Sheraton in Porto.

You can see thru this Sheraton Porto Hotel and Spa link that this property is indeed rated 5* by PRICELINE (at least thru their retail division)... there could be others at the 5* rating.

Please let us know once you've decided if this is a one nite or two nite stay so we can look at rates for each to determine a recommended bidding strategy. As well, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You should ignore the "small" chance message given by PRICELINE.

Given the time before your stay i'd start with $60 and then increase by $5 every 24 hours over the next two days.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and please DON"T click the PRICELINE links in the email priceline may send 24 hours after a rejected bid reminding you to bid again... please return here and use the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding)

Thanks, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]