I tried different star ratings and used re-bid zone, for Mar 6th

2 days ago

Resort in San Juan,

130 --> 140 ---> 150 rejected

Yesterday

3 star

60 --> 70 --> 80 rejected, then used the link here and rebid

90 --> 100 rejected

Lower to 2.5 star, use cabo and ponce where no 2.5 and up hotels exist as rebid zone

70 --> 80 --> 90 rejected

I noticed one report today $90 for 3.5* Shereton Old San Juan 1 week before my requested day. That is really a good price.

Is this possible that Priceline or the hotel will release inventory periodically?

How is the chance to wait for a lower successful bid in the next few days?

Hotel inventory can, and does, change at any time all based upon supply/demand and hotel occupancy factors. As nobody (not even the hotel) knows how actual reservations, and actual cancellations, will come in relative to expectations, it can't be said if more inventory being released in the nearterms is likely.

I would continue to try, but also book a cancellable back-up in the meantime to protect yoursel from prices rising from here.

The Doubletree San Juan is a new hotel which, since they are new to the market, has had attractive pricing, and received good reviews. You can book that HERE as a back-up for $139/nite.

Does this work for your needs?

For your post-cruise stay please start a NEW TOPIC so we can keep the rates and dates for the two stays separate.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried over the previous 3 days, and today the price finally went down.

$90 first and get a counter offer to add $22,

start again and used $95, accepted.

The lowest published price is $189 and $95 seems not bad.

So hotel and priceline do change inventory from time to time, just keep trying while have some backup options.

Still working on my Mar 14-Mar 16 bid.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you stuck with it and ultimately won a hotel... at prices even lower than you previously bid!

We've merged your previous thread with this 'winning' thread so that others can see the events that lead up to this purchase. Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your post cruise stay.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Mr. Pig, Thanks for the update. I'll have to see if my friend wants a cheaper hotel at the airport or the more expensive hotel (Howard Johnson) in Old San Juan near us. Looks like a difference of $40 for the night. Then again if he plans to cab over to Old San Juan anyway. I'll let him figure it out.

Will you be on the Serenade as well? I'm looking forward to getting out of the cold.

Yes, I will be on Serenade.

I also did some research on Howard Johnson in Old San Juan. It showed unavailable for Mar 6 night. Maybe it is possible that some people will cancel their reservation?

For one night stay prior to cruise, old san juan seems like a nice place for its convenient location. The ship boards at 10pm, and he also gets a whole day visiting this area.

Besides, he can ask the hotel to hold his luggage after checking out --- one problem I am concerning now...

I was on the Serenade about 6-7 years ago and she's a beautiful ship... unfortunately we weren't heading south where it was warm but rather heading north for a short Halifax/Canada cruise in the Fall. Even though the weather was a bit chilly it sure beat being on land!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]