Priceline - hotels awarded

jdljr
By jdljr,
in

I've been curious about something and am wondering what your thoughts are. Does Priceline award different hotels in a particular zone for the same star level based on the amount of the bid? In other words, let's say someone made an initial bid of $80 for a 4* in the USW zone of San Francisco and it was accepted at the Parc 55. Then let's say someone else made an initial bid of $90 in the USW zone for the same date, location and star level, but that bid was accepted at the InterContinental. Is there any correlation to the dollar amount bid for a 4* and the hotel awarded? I've seen some people win the Le Meridien or the Palace (different zones, I know) for $89 which is higher than my win for the Parc 55 for $82. Had I bid $89 during my bidding, would I have been more likely to have won the Le Meridien or Palace?

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but it's something that I've been curious about recently after seeing people's higher winning bids than mine, and that they've been awarded different hotels.

At the same time, I've also seen winning bids at the Parc 55 for less than my winning bid, so I know it does of course have to do with availability on a particular date...or waiting until closer to departure to bid when they're scrambling to get rid of rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]