Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Omni Berkshire

arne
By arne,
in

Search for New York City, NY - Sat, Apr 4 to Fri, Apr 10 - 1 room, 6 nights, 2 adults, 1 child. Got offer $159 - fitness, restaurant, business center and hi speed internet. From other topics I guess this is Crowne Plaza. Do you think this is a good choice for my wife, her sister and my daughter visiting NYC for the first time?

The amenities are also a match to the Millenium Broadway, but the tripadvisor traveler review rating of 3.5/5 based on 380+ reviews matches the Crowne Plaza. I mention this because if/when you go to book, you may see the same amenity icons and think it's the Crowne Plaza, but the tripadvisor rating listed by HOTWIRE could change and it would end up being the Millenium, or another hotel.

But as it stands, it looks to be the Crowne.

Are you searching for 1 room 2 adults? You mention that there will be 3 people in the room. To guarantee sleeping space for 3 people you would have to search for 3 adults. Doing that shows the same hotel but at $195 instead of $156. A steep increase. What you could do instead is book for 2 adults and then call the hotel directly and request a room with 2 beds or sleeper sofa. They aren't obligated to meet your request, but general experience is that if they can accommodate, they will.

Personally, I think the Times Square area is a good place to be in New York. It's fairly central in Manhattan and is close to a lot of the attractions, not to mention you are very close to Times Square. The main subway line is also close by.

thereuare and other members of the board might have other opinions, with more experience in the city. I've only been there once.

That should work out fine for them as they're new a few different subway lines whichever direction they choose to head.

I asked her age to make sure that she wasn't a baby and/or in a stroller, as Times Square can get crowded and a slow moving crowd, so not a place you want to be navigating a stroller every time you wanted to leave/return to the hotel.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

After reading betterbidding I was almost sure about the name of the hotel, and yes.....

4 out of 5 rating on Tripadvisor

Based on 240+ customer reviews (Last reviewed January 2009)

• Fitness Center
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • High-speed Internet Access
  • "Customer Favorite".

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you're happy with the results and that the information on the board was helpful with your purchase.

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board, requested in my post above, to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]