Priceline Hotel: Is Marriott County Hall the only 5* in Westminster zone london on pric

Floflo71
By Floflo71,
in

Hi, I hope I have asked in the right place. I want to book 5 nights in London 1st week of Aug for our 20th wedding anniversary.

Am I right in thinking that the Marriott County Hall hotel is the only 5* in the Westminste Zone London?

Does this mean if I choose 5* Westminster zone on priceline I will definitely get this hotel if accepted?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Does this mean if I choose 5* Westminster zone on priceline I will definitely get this hotel if accepted?
No, see the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and/or if we can be of help if you choose to move forward.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi. Thought I'd reply and you know County Hall Marriott is the only 5* that actually has rooms overlooking Big Ben, London Eye and is basically opposite Big Ben. There are some other 5 stars further up the river but not quite with the same outlook; unless you spend more and have one of their top suites. Also nice with the County Hall Marriott is the gym and leisure facilties - the largest in any hotel in London; not just 5 star but all hotels.

Although most Londoners, myself included, would think of the Marriott County Hall as a 'Westminster' hotel, by TripAdvisor's classification it's 'Southbank' - which is accurate because it's across the river and only LOOKS AT Westminster rather than being located in the district - and it's officially a 4* on TripAdvisor.

If you use TripAdvisor's Advanced Search (and every BetterBidding.com subscriber ought to learn how to do this) and looks for 5* in Westminster, you'll get 11 Hotels - ignoring the Halkin, Hotel41, The Goring, The Stafford and the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park because they're all too boutique/grand to play the Priceline game - your allocations are, in order of likelihood and membership of discounting chains:

1. Crowne Plaza St. James (I'd put money on it, avg room rate is $230/night)

2. Wyndham Grand London Chelsea Harbour - miles from anywhere and a hike to the tube - so not often full

3. The Berkeley - tired Knightsbridge 5*

4. absolute outside chances: Sofitel St James, Jumeirah Carlton Tower, The Lanesborough.

These are the ONLY hotels classed by TripAdvisor as being 5* and in 'Westminster/Belgravia' which is its subdivision of London.

Assuming worst case (= lowest cost to Priceline) scenario, you'll get the Crowne Plaza St James, a perfectly nice hotel from which you could spit to Buckingham Palace, so great tourist location close to pubs, bars, and even walkable to the West End through St James's Park.

Well, Tripadvisor zones have nothing to do with PRICELINE I'm afraid.

CP St. James is Westminster 4* on PL

Wyndham is in Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge zone, not sure if it participates, as Conrad it did.

Sofitel St James - Mayfair 5*

Carlton Tower - Kensington - Earls Court - Knightsbridge zone, not sure it participates after Jumeirah acquired it.

Would not expect The Lanesborough on PRICELINE, but that would likely be Mayfair zone too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]