Hotwire Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (Center Strip) Imperial Palace

lookyloo
By lookyloo,
in

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to follow up and let everyone know what happened with this Hotel.

With the help of BetterBidding.com I was able to identify this hotel as The Imperial Palace. Hotwire was offering a rate of $39/night. With confidence that this was indeed The Imperial Palace I went to the Harrah's Web site where I'm a registered Total Rewards Member. I saw that the hotel was offering rooms for Total Rewards Members for $25/night. I immediately copied this information and purchased the hotel through Hotwire for $39/night. I then clicked the Low Price Guarantee from Hotwire and filled out the form and pasted the required information. I was then informed by Hotwire that I would receive a refund for for twice the difference effectively giving me a free night's hotel.

But wait, it gets better. I arrived at the hotel at 8:30am, there were already people checking in and they were being told that rooms were not ready. They had to leave their bags with the bellman with no place to refresh after a long flight. I walked up to the counter with the biggest smile I could muster after a grueling flight, I addressed the clerk by his first name, 'Joe' (not his real name), and handed him my Total Rewards card with a $20 bill behind it and said "Joe, anything you can do for me would be fantastic, I know I'm early" At first he was about to say "I can advance check you in but rooms are not ready" but then he saw the tip, said "Let me find something for you right away Mr. C as I know you don't want to wait around" 3 minutes later I was checked in, key in hand, and he even gave me a coupon book where I saved another $20 on food and buffet's. All in all I think I got a free room, and a free meal just by using BetterBidding (no...I don't work for them I just love this site!!!)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]