Hotwire Hotel: Getting Bumped at the Wynn

MikeinPDX
By MikeinPDX,
in

After getting bumped from the Wynn a month after reserving (and paying for) a 4 night stay through Valentine's weekend, I read with great satisfaction the news stories of the day:

Tuesday A.M.:

Wells Fargo Plans Events in Las Vegas After Getting TARP Funds Bloomberg

Tuesday Noon:

Wells Fargo defends, then reconsiders Vegas junket The Associated Press

Tuesday P.M:

Wynn Resorts cutting salaries, bonuses to save jobs

If I heard the news correctly, Wells Fargo, who recently accepted $25 billion in OUR taxpayer bailout money, booked 12 nights (through the Valentine's weekend) for a Las Vegas junket for about 1,000 employees.

I wonder if this is the reason so many are getting bumped from the Wynn.

If so it serves them right! If Wells Fargo cancellation is confirmed they should end up with quite a few empty rooms. I'll never stay there - I'll take my business where it's appreciated!

Maybe I can get a REALLLLLY good upgrade this weekend since it sounds like they may have some of their primo rooms unexpectedly sitting empty (kidding). Apparently their reservations were to start on Friday, as is mine. Wow. Can you imagine the loss of reservations for rooms for 1000 employees for 12 days... that's a huge loss. It'll be interesting to see if the Wynn suddenly begins running some specials!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]