Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (CPS) Dream Hotel

pe73
By pe73,
in

I've been bidding on a 4* in NYC 4/23/09-4/26/09 based on the prices on this thread of $100-125. My top price is $120/night but I'd prefer to stay at $115.

Over the last week, I've bid the following:

4*

Midtown East, Midtown West, Times Square - Theatre District(adding the zones gradually)

$90 - rejected

$97 - rejected

$105 - rejected

$112 - rejected -- dropped Times Square, added Upper East Side

$115 - rejected

What do you suggest my next step should be? Should I go up to $120? Or should I keep trying in the $115 range for another week?

Thanks so much. I've learned so much on this board, and am using your PRICELINE link.

S/he is stating that rates are date specific and it's hard to advise whether you should bid higher at the moment or not without knowing some examples of rates available directly thru the hotels for your stay.

However, as per above, i did check some rates on my own and would increase to $120 if that is as high as you're willing to bid at the current time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Not having any luck with the $120 top of the budget.

Have been trying

CPS

UES

MTE

MTW

TS for $115 and $120 every other day for the last week or so and rejected every time.

For these dates, do you think I need to drop down a * level or keep trying? The cheaperst $* on hotwire is $153 (MTE).

It may be a bit early for the really low rates OR it could be that the hotels have increased their opaque rates slightly given the Spring (which is typically high season, but things are different this year). I will point out that if you compare on HOTWIRE if you compare the 4* offering at $154 to the other properties shown, it is cheaper than all the other 3.5* and 3* properties (indicating that it may be underpriced relative to the rest of the market, at this point in time)

I suspect you're only $5-$10 away from success at the 4* level, but if you want to increase your bid a few dollars, wait it out, or lower your star rating is up to you, your budget, and what you look for from your hotels.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated and let us know how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]