Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Central Strip) Trump International

cjk999ca
By cjk999ca,
in

I saw a number of wins for the Wynn, so I figured I would try starting low especially with a fairly expensive saturday night stay. Started bidding at 90 a night and Trump accepted. I stayed here once before and was not very pleased as they didn't allow me to check-in until after 3:00 pm and never serviced my room for the one night I stayed, but it is very nice Hotel and for $90 a night, I don't think I can go wrong.....maybe should have started bidding even lower.

Used the PRICELINE link provided by this site

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

While not your first choice in hotel, glad to hear you're happy wtih the deal, and for the price paid can make this work for your needs.

At check-in i would tell the clerk "Last time here my room was never serviced during the 2 nites i stayed... can you please do what you please do your best to assign me to a room with one of the better housekeepers". At best this may land your an upgrade... at worst you will hopefully get a room with a good housekeeper.

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Through PRICELINE, I won the Trump for $90 a night for 3/21-3/23. Recently I checked Hotwire and the 5 star condo (Trump) is now at $75 a night for the same dates. Is there any precedent to call Trump directly to match the lower price any other options to get the cheaper rate? as an fyi I did purchase the travel insurance. Thanks for the help

No, on a few levels...

1) the Trump doesn't match rates, your purchase was made thru PRICELINE, so that is the service you would need to make a claim with (although you would still be turned down for the reasons that follow)

2) PRICELINE has a price guarantee but you need to make a claim within 24 hours... it doesn't cover price drops which occur days, weeeks. months after your purchase

3) the HOTWIRE hotel is 'opaque' and therefore you don't know with certainty that if this is the Trump or not

Also, for future reference, i don't think the insurance covers price drops, you should doublecheck the terms, but it's mostly for sickness and (maybe??) flight interuption; but regardless, even if it did cover price drops, i still don't think you'd have any claim on account of point #3 above as you have no proof that the Trump is offered for less (and 'opaque' rates are usually excluded from most price matching anyway)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]