Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress

chanthor
By chanthor,
in

First time bidding on PRICELINE. Am trying to land Omni or Hyatt Grand near WDW for 4/9-4/12, so far $65 and $75 bids have been rejected. Will try to rebid by adding zones next. If I am understanding PRICELINE's Orlando site correctly, only the Universal Studios zone has resorts and 4* hotels, so I can safely rebid by adding all zones except Universal Studios when trying for WDW resorts/4*? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You appear to have your re-bid zones correct, but always doublecheck to make sure that nothing has change (no new hotels added to a given zone or a hotel upgraded) which would make one of the zones no longer a re-bid zones.

You can also doublecheck your re-bid zones here: Re-Bidding.com

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

If you need help with a more detailed bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! That rebidding.com site sure is detailed- it takes a lot more patience that I have to try all those iterations.

I used the PRICELINE link from this site and started re-bidding, one question - I can't seem to DESELECT a zone from a previous attempt, but can add on to, i.e., DW vic, DW vic + DT Orl, DW vic + DT Orl + Kiss, etc. - not the way the rebidding.com site suggests. What am I doing wrong?

Is there no chance (or significantly low chance) of winning on a rebid by changing zones if I do NOT raise my price?

I can't seem to DESELECT a zone from a previous attempt
You need to close your browser, re-access PRICELINE (using our PRICELINE link :) ), and then select your original zone and whichever re-bid zone(s) you want to utilize... if that bid is rejected you need to close your browser and repeat the process.
Is there no chance (or significantly low chance) of winning on a rebid by changing zones if I do NOT raise my price?
When you add a re-bid zone, you can't win in that zone since (be definition of a re-bid zone) there are no hotels which meet your minimum star rating threshold, so the chances of winning a hotel at the same price would be virtually nil. (you'd win if a hotel, by chance, updated their PRICELINE rate in between the time of your previously rejected bid and your new bid)

Thanks for using our PRICELINE links.

Good luck and let us know you have any further questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used the PRICELINE link on this site and just won Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress.

started at $75, rebid at $2 increments w/ free zones

won at $89/N (plus $15/N resort fee)

$312.62 + $45 resort fee = 357.62 total for 3 nights

This price sure beats my cancellable rate I booked this morning at a Disney Value resort that came to $455 for the same dates. Woohoo!

Theruare, thanks for your help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and that you did quite well vs. your back-up booking... we're happy to have helped!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]