NJ Princeton Hyatt Regency

frugola
By frugola,
in

Stayed here june of 2004 for one night for a priceline bid of $37. Gorgeous hotel with atrium, charming staff, great heated pool, and easy 10 minute drive to lovely town of Princeton (which was full of great restaurants and stores). Only downside is that it is located in a very upscale office park (the Carnegie Center) and walking distance to nothing. But for $37, who cares?

I believe the OP is describing

The Hyatt Regency Princeton in NJ. BTW, it is not a Grand Hyatt. They do, however, offer a shuttle service to downtown Princeton, Princeton Junction train station and nearby malls and offices. This service, as well as free parking and easy access to RT 1 make its location that much more attractive.

• 2 years later...

Great stay at this property!

Hotel was recently renovated about a year ago and things are still in very good condition. However, in my opinion, the current staff is truly the shining star of the property and they appear to have been trained well.

Our two nite reservation was really a one nite purchase and then used the priceline 'extend your stay' option for the other nite, so i did have to show up at the front desk after the first nite and have them make an internal adjustment. Hi-speed Internet is billed on a 24 hours period, so at check-in i asked if it would be an issue checking out/in and the billing of the internet... the desk clerk said she wasn't sure but she didnt' want me to worry about it or have it be an issue and gave me a complimentary 24 hour access pass so i'd be 'covered' if there was any double billling. For me this is an example of an employee going the extra step and setting the stay off on a very good note.

Other times during our stay i heard other guests pass the front desk with a comment such as "thanks again for your help" which reinforced my opinion that my positive experience was not an isolated incident and that the staff really does go out of their way for guests.

Also saw a staff member (not housekeeping) picking up small pieces of garbage in the elevator as they were passing thru... not exactly part of her job, but certainly something a well trained employee should do in order to take pride in their property.

Before arrival called the special number Hyatt has set up to put in a request and our request for a Non-Smoking King bed was granted... also requested a crib and it was already in place in the room as well. (request for a second room, 2 beds non-smoking, was also honored). Room was spacious (seemed bigger than the 2 bedded room) and in good condition. Our room had a small balcony (no chairs and a little dirty with leaves and cigarette butts) overlooking the nearby office park, but not all rooms have balconies so request this if important to you. Other rooms face the atrium (Embassy Suites style) and many of these have balconies as well... it was nice though to step outside for some fresh air without really leaving the room so i liked the 'exterior view'.

We used the indoor pool a few times during our stay and it was always used but never overly crowded. The pool is enclosed in a glass structure (almost like a greenhouse) and it looks like they may open the sliding glass doors (around the entire base of the structure) once the summer comes around which would really give it an outdoor feel. Because it was unseasonably warm one day of our stay the pool area was very warm (water was still al little cold), but nothing to complain about. They have an outdoor hot tub too, but this was closed for the season.

Overall a great stay and i'd be happy to receive this hotel again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 years later...

Stayed here Aug 8, 2010. Decent stay..clean rooms, indoor pool, quiet, free parking, close to Rt. 1 & Princenton, nothing in walking distance. Pls be weary of breakfast buffet....for 2 adults and child $61.00. We could have drove to McDonald's or a diner down the street. Our room was only $20.00 more...go figure...not a deal at the end ...but we'll know better next time :) !

• 1 month later...

I've stayed here several times, most recently in February 2011. I really like the hotel. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed, they have a very nice pool and a decent fitness room, and service is gracious. The hotel has probably the best location for visiting Princeton University (unless you stay in Princeton itself). Much closer than the Marriott or Westin. Haven't eaten in the restaurant, but you can go to www.Restaurant.com and with a discount code buy a 25.00 restaurant certificate for 2.00 for the Crystal Garden restaurant in the Hyatt. On the other hand, I'd rather go to The Ferry House in downtown Princeton with that coupon

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]