Priceline Hotel: 3* Atlanta (Airport ATL) Hyatt Place Airport North

lookyloo
By lookyloo,
in

Here is the trick. Let's say you've made 3 Priceline hotel requests for the ATL, Atlanta Airport, you tried 4 star, 3.5 star, and 3 star but just have not had your price accepted and you don't want to wait 24 hours to try again. Simple do this. Clear the search, and start over. Before you start the bid process, one at a time, click on the additional areas offered by Priceline until you find an area that only has star levels below what you're bidding for i.e if you won't stay in less than a 3 star, find a area where the highest star level is 2.5, this way you can bid an additional price without worrying about staying in an undesirable area.

Here's what I just did and got the Hyatt Airport North for $43.

I saw that several people had bid $34 at the ATL airport and got the Hyatt, but all of these were for multiple nights, I only am staying on Saturday. So I tried $34, $38, & $40 using the 4-star, 3.5-star, and 3-star levels to no avail. I didn't want to wait another 24 hours before trying again so I found that the Forest Park Riverdale area of Atlanta only offers 1 star hotels, I added this area, did my bid request by clicking the 3-star level for $43 and got the Hyatt with no worries about staying in Forest Park because I selected 3-star or better

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North 3 Star

Hartsfield Airport (ATL)

3415 Norman Berry Drive

East Point, Georgia 30344

404-768-8484

See Hotel Website

View Map and Directions Check-In Date:

Sat, Feb 7, 2009 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sun, Feb 8, 2009 / 11:00 AM

Amenities: Remote control TV w/ premium channels Radio Alarm Clock Business services Telephone w/ voicemail Iron and ironing board Hairdryer 24 hour front desk On-site Dining

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

The "strategy" you mention above is refered to on the board as "re-bidding" and is explained in detail here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

So I tried $34, $38, & $40 using the 4-star, 3.5-star, and 3-star levels to no avail
This actually is not a very good strategy since you coudl have easily overbid for a lower rated hotel. It's usually recommend to lower your bid when you lower your rating (you raised your bid while lower your star rating). See this thread for further info: If You Lower Your Star Rating Then Lower Your Price

It woudl be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]