Priceline Hotel: 4* Charleston (Mt Pleasant-Isle of Palms) Wild Dunes Resort

CherylGA
By CherylGA,
in

I am unsure why I'm having so much trouble getting 3* in the Historic District for this time period. I have been trying every 24 hours for days, going as high as $87. Two rooms, maybe?

I'm seeing lots of availability. Prices from $135 up on Priceline set rate and Hotwire for 3* so my bid is usually enough to get something.

I prefer not to go over $90/room/night. Going that high, I usually don't have a problem.

Thanks so much for any help you can give. Any ideas?

Not sure how big each event is, but there is a Taste of Savannah event taking place during your stay, and probably the bigger draw, a Cheer and Dance (looks like HS kids) Tournament (2/21-2/22)... and i suspect all those kids, and likely their parents, are taking up a lot of hotel rooms.

If you search for rooms for 2/19 availability is easy to come by and rates are typical... search for 2/20 onward and rates jump.

What is the $135/nite hotel that PRICELINE is offering thru their "retail" channel?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't save the search and I don't remember which hotel was $135- sorry.

I see what you mean about there being lower prices for Thursday evening. Seems like there's plenty of availability and I'm willing to keep trying. I can stay in pretty much any area but not willing to give up on the Historic District just yet!

Thanks so much for all your help. Each time I bid, I use the PRICELINE link.

I am super-excited! After having no luck with reasonable rates for the Historic District, I rethought my plans and decided to try for the beach.

4* Mt Pleasant- Isle of Palms $80, rejected

They offered rebid with a $22 increase

Added W. Charleston and increased bid to $86

ACCEPTED!

This looks like an amazing hotel and I'm sure I'll be pleased.

Thanks so much for all your help and, of course, I used the PRICELINE link from this board.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see your plans were flexible in that you were able to adjust your plans to where the deal was!

Looks like you're happy with the results and looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding and sharing your win with the board, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]