Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Buffalo Grove-Arlington Heights North) Hotel Indigo

MissPoofy
By MissPoofy,
in

Very upset with this because it is right on the southwest edge of the Arlington Heights North map. 8.8 miles from my destination in Buffalo Grove. They better have a shuttle that will go 8.8 miles.

And yes, I used the Priceline and HOTWIRE links. I tried on Priceline and got scared so I jumped over to Hotwire. I never seem to have good experiences with Hotwire. One thing that did occur during the process, and maybe someone could advise...

I got one of those "verify by Visa" screens. It gave me problems saying "login name must be X characters long" but hotwire had already produced some sort of log in name. I kept getting error messages, so I clicked on "cancel" thinking that that would CANCEL the transaction. It did no such thing and now I'm stuck with the Hotel Indigo.

Do I have any recourse via Visa and Bank of America (their logo popped up as well). I assumed a click of "cancel" aborts the whole transaction. This is just one more headache I don't need.

Grouchily,

Miss Poofy :)

Sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned.

Still, I'd call HOTWIRE on this issue - when looking at the airport shuttle amenity, I don't see anything about it not being available: when looking at the airport shuttle icon in a listing, I see: "<amenity names only please... not descriptions>"

I don't see anything about it not being available at all. I definitely think HOTWIRE should do something for you in this case.

I'm also curious as to why you dislike Chicago so much (I'll agree it has issues, but curious as to why you dislike it as much as you do.)

Again, sorry about the Indigo situation, but they are a cute chain of hotels if you've never been to one before (that is, if HOTWIRE doesn't cancel the reservation due to the shuttle issue.)

Hope the rest of your day goes better. :)

Thanks Aaron. I sent you a private note explaining some things and edited my previous content as to not upset the masses.

To everyone else wondering, the hotel does not offer shuttle service according to hotwire. I was wrong. I must've been looking at a different hotel listing's amentities. As far as Chicago, I'm just alergic to temperatures below 20 degrees. It's hereditary and I'm waiting for stem cell research to come up with a cure to correct my condition :)

I have calmed down now and come to the realization that I will be wasting 100 dollars on cabs, or a rental car. Which defeats the whole point of all of this since I only live 35-40 miles away from the Buffalo Grove destination anyway.

Cheers,

MissPoofy

I'm not really following the issue above but hopefully you've sorted it all out.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that were shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I THOUGHT there was a shuttle available via the HOTWIRE details. There was not, and the shuttle is broken. All is good because the only reason I needed a shuttle was because our vehicle was broken (wouldn't go above 45mph), but it fixed itself (who knows how) and was able to drive to the Indigo and to my destination in Buffalo Grove.

The hotel is not that bad. It's a dump on the outside, but rather unique on the inside. I'm still trying to figure out why in the world the theme (that is overly done) is a seaside beach theme in the middle of Illinois.

Amenities according to HOTWIRE:

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

laundry facilities

golf nearby

tennis nearby

Cheers!

MissPoofy

All the Hotel Indigos look like that on the inside. :)

It was actually pretty cool. Definitely different. And of course, as always, nice to get away from Naperville for a couple of days. If anybody cares, because I did multiple searches on the hotel's bar, Furlongs, and came up with NOTHING...

It's a typical hotel sports bar with very little emphasis on sports, and NO emphasis on horse racing as the name might imply. 2 pool tables, a dartboard, a few old tvs. 2 people there on a Saturday night at 5pm. You be the judge... I got my lousy ice tea to go.

Fitness center enjoyable because it overlooks the indoor pool.

No free continental breakfast.

All in all, a decent stay, I'd give it a 7, maybe 8.

Will NEVER book via Hotwire again the next time I need to be in Buffalo Grove. Maybe this hotel would be a good destination after a day at the racetrack all liquored up and not wanting to drive (of course). But besides the racetrack, it's near nothing.

And now I'm off to planning my trip to Florida.... :)

Cheers,

Miss Poofy

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]