Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Roger Smith Hotel

dreinke
By dreinke,
in

$70 in NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy and I decided to take a last minute trip up to the city for a show. We were just going to crash at a friend's place but decided to try a low-ball offer.

I saw the $85 winning bid so we got kooky and started at $60 for a 3.5*. I can't recall all of the bids, because we added basically every zone below the park and kept going up $1. At $67 we added 3* and $70 was the winner.

Not sure why this is a 3*, I guess it just got transferred over with all the boutiques. FANTASTIC beds, but otherwise very dated. Does have a cool artistic lobby. Great location! Our room was scorching hot and we could not find a thermostat anywhere; only after being hot all night did we realize in the morning that the heater has an old school valve to turn up/down.

Oh, by the way I parked my car over in Hoboken for free and took the PATH train over and cabbed it up from the 33rd st station. Fairly easy trip, but maybe not recommended if you are bringing lots of stuff. I may have paid almost as much in tolls and parking as we did the room!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]