Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

travelAlot
By travelAlot,
in

Long story but, with Plan A and Plan B messed up because friends (who previously were committed to an Orlando/Tampa trip that included Super Bowl week festivities) backed out, I was searching for something that would allow me the opportunity to go anyhow. Had a changeable Southwest award ticket and could move the paid work time off (3 days) around.

Spied $66 on Hotwire for a Tampa DT 3.5, arriving Sat the 24th and extending until Wed the 28th (leaving on that day -- Hotwire showed a $300 jump for 1 more night). I almost fell out of my chair thinking there was a catch...perhaps Hotwire upgraded a Laquinta to 3.5 stars or there was a 3.5-star in the middle of a slum neighborhood adjoining DT -- nope and nope. Researched this site and TOBB and saw that pretty much $45 was the floor for DT Tampa, maybe a $40 bid over 2 years ago accepted, and that the Hyatt Regency was more likely than Sheraton River walk (even though same Hotwire amenities and Sheraton's rate for my days was significantly cheaper, i.e. $50+/night).

On 1st bid -- I'm not used to that, always expect rebidding with extra zones and/or PL counteroffering -- I was accepted at $45. $211 total for the 4nights when Hyatt website price is oh about $880 if I combined 2 different rate types for the cheapest nights (may not have been possible to do that and then the rate would jump to close to $1000). I'm there right now, 1st time to come up for air....great hotel, great room, lots happening (it's swarming with SB media, people-watching etc.

And yup, went through the BB PRICELINE link. (Working on Seattle right now, should have a new successful post by tomorrow.)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you were still able to make this trip and that you're currently enjoying your stay... certainly an amazing deal given how crowded i suspect things are going on down there.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Hope your stay continues to meet your expectations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]