thegizzywiz
By thegizzywiz,
in

Hello,

Looking for help IDing hotel for NYC.

2/24-2/26/09

2 Adults

HOTWIRE LISTING:

$129 for 3.5* in Time Square Theatre District.

AMENITIES LISTED:

- Boutique Hotel

- Breakfast Complimentary

- Pool

- Business Center

- Spa Services

TA Rating: 4/5

Questions:

1. Can I do better on Priceline? Does the free breakfast make this a deal? Interested in TS, MTW

2. Is it safe to take the subway to Penn station, then NJ transit to Newark airport at 6am in the morning? Need to pick someone up.

Much thanks for this great service!!!

ps. Tried bidding $90 then $95 for 4* for TS on Priceline, both rejected.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The above is a match for the Room-Mate Grace so that would be our best guess.

This property gets very good reviews. You might be able to do better price-wise with PRICELINE, but you might not get a hotel with such good reviews, and chances are it won't include breakfast. I wouldn't buy a hotel simply because it includes breakfast, but the reviews are good, and that's more important (to me) than free breakfast.

It basically comes down to what is most important to you... price or having a good guess as to the hotel you will receive before your purchase. If the former then you should continue to bid on PRICELINE (we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow as i think you can do better than the two bids you made previously) or if the latter than purchase this property thru HOTWIRE

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Based on the reviews of Room Mate Grace, it might not be a suitable place for my mom who is a senior citizen. It is a great location though, I know exactly where it is located.

Please post a strategy for me to bid on Priceline. I'm hoping to stay within my budget of less than $120 for a 3* or 4* in TS or MTW.

Thank you!!!!

I'd recommend the 4* in MTE for $122 (the price you see may differ) with the amenities fitness, business, restaurant, internet and tennis; while it's not right near Times Square, it's not a bad walk or cab ride. This hotel could be the Intercontinental Barclay or Grand Hyatt (although probably the Intercon), and in terms of a hotel your mom may like, the Intercontinental's grand, old-world charm may appeal. The Grand Hyatt wouldn't be a bad choice either, although again, I think this is probably the Intercontinental.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE link if this is of interest.

The 3.5* MTC would likely be the Hudson, which would - I think - be less senior-friendly than the Room Mate Grace.

Hello,

Posted under Hotwire section, but would like to bid for 4* in TS or MTW. Budget is $125/nt and under. Would really like the Millenium Broadway because I'm familiar with that hotel, but I'm not stuck on it. Might be willing to add MTE, but since most winning bids are for Intercontinental Barclay, would rather not stay there.

I have bid up to $105 with no luck. Please help!

2/24-2/26

2 adults

Thanks!!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. If you ultimately use PRICELINE we'll edit the topic title with your results and move the entire thread to that section of the board.

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]