Keyword for Successful DD claims

DDSeeker
By DDSeeker,
in

One of the primary reasons I like to scan this board is to read of the DD successes of others. Unfortunately, the search function on the site will not attempt to search two letter words (DD). May I suggest that any threads announcing a double the difference claim include the term DDG (Double the Difference Guarantee)? This would allow the use of the search function to view such successes.

I just changed the settings to allow for 2 character searches but it caused the search to take a looong time (so i changed it back to 3).

I try to make sure that whenever abbeviations are used that in replies or edits i type the entire term so that the post will turn up in a search. I would venture to guess that there aren't too many posts that only contain the term DD and don't also return a search for double and guarantee.

In the experiment above (when i changed the minimum search criteria) another problem was that when searding for 'DD' it also returned posts that contained the word bidding (and simmilar words with 'dd' in them).

I think your idea is a good one, but i also think that it will be difficult to get everyone to follow suit and adhere to a specific protocol.

Have you tried doing a search for "double and difference"?? (without the quotes... and notice the middle word is and, not the) Did you find that it returned an insufficient number of posts or that certain posts (that you knew should be included) didn't turn up?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Embarrassingly, my report of a successful DDG claim at Orlando's Peabody doesn't show up on a search for "double and difference".

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...ST&f=78&t=5934&

As inconsistently as I spell "guarantee", I'm not sure that's a good keyword, either.

I hate to place additional burdens on you, thereuare. But since it seems you always try to respond to posts, you are in the best position to implement a keyword system.

In your post mentioned above i added "... will apply for the double the difference' guarantee" to the end of one of your sentences where it will make more sense.

I have always been somewhat conscious of making sure searchable key words are in threads, although not specifically to the DD situation. Now that you have made me aware of it i will try to make sure every DD claim has double and difference somewhere in the thread. I also think that most DD posts will automatically include these two words and we'll get 'lucky' that most already include them. I think these two words would be a bit more common just from user's typing their comments than the acronym DDG.

I'll continue to keep my thoughts open if there is a better way to handle this. An idea that just came to mind (which i'm sure you'd love but how much i'm not sure how much it actually get used) is a new forum/thread that posts links to all DD claims. Each DD claim could be posted as a reply to an existing thread, and rather than re-type all of the details, that thread would contain a link to the 'real' thread in the appropriate state category. Rather than just link with the word "link to thread" we could make sure that it was descriptive. Using your example above, a link in this thread would look something like this: Orlando Peabody Doube the Difference.

As always I'm open to other ideas as well, but the above one may be good idea to brainstorm with and expand upon.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]