Priceline Hotel: Need suggestions on starting price please

yazmin182
By yazmin182,
in

Hello,

I want to stay in Manhattan from Feb.9-11 next month. I would prefer a 4 star hotel and I would prefer to stay in the SOHO area. However, I notice that most ppl are getting the best deals in MTE. Do you think I have a chance to stay in SOHO for 3.5/4* for around 100 dollars?

If not, do you think if I go for the "best deal" (MTE-4*) it will be cheaper than $100? When I compared most people's winning bids, they were around 105 dollars for MTE-4* but they were for the weekend. Since I am going from Mon-Wed, I am hoping it would be cheaper. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bid I should start with in this category?

Thank you

Welcome to the site. I think the issue isn't necessarily that people are getting the *best* deals in MTE; they are just getting the majority of the deals there. The PRICELINE area for Soho also includes the downtown/financial district area, and the most common hotel in that zone is the Millennium Hilton, which for most people is a little too far South. The other 4*'s in that zone are seen much less often than the MH. That's why you do not see much in the way of wins for the Soho area.

Given that you have a bit of time, you could start with $90 for a 4* in MTE; it's a little on the unlikely side, but I've been surprised by PRICELINE in the past. If that isn't accepted, try $95 24 hours later and $100 24 hours after that.

I don't think you're going to get any cheaper than $90, as the 4*'s in Midtown seem to have a floor in the "general neighborhood" of $100 or so.

If you are just looking for a place to sleep, there's a 3* in the Empire State Building area for $76 on on HOTWIRE.com with the amenities: breakfast, fitness, business, internet. That would appear to match what many have recently reported for the Hampton Inn 35th.

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchase.

If you're looking for the "Best Deal" why not include all the zones that are acceptable.. then as you gradually increase your bids using re-bid zones (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) you'll get accepted in the zone with the lowest available price?

If you're willing to accept a zone other than MTE let us know, as well as your maximum bid, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 9 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]