Priceline Hotel: Help for Boston 4/18-4/24 3.5*+

fzveibil
By fzveibil,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your stay is for the full 6 nites of this stay? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional means? What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply!

Splitting the bid is not ideal, but I could do it for better rates.

This is what I got through Hotwire:

- Cambridge: $159 for a 3*, $315 for a 3.5*

- Boston Common/Theater District: $349 for a 3.5*, $395 for a 4*

- Quincy Market/Financial District: $349 for a 3.5*

This is what I got through Priceline:

- Cambridge: $264 for a 3*, $315 for a 4*

- Boston Downtown: $318 for a 3*, $349 for a 4*

These are my target areas.

I don't have a maximum bid, but do have a lot of time to bid. I just have no idea where to start based on these very high rates!

I'll definitely use the links for my purchase!

What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional means?
Conventional booking channels are non-priceline/non-hotwire.
I don't have a maximum bid
If you research rates thru conventional booking channels you can then determine a maximum bid based upon the amount of discount you'd need to make an opaque (not knowing the name of the hotel before your purchase) and non-refundable rate worthwhile.
I just have no idea where to start based on these very high rates!
Since splitting your bid is not ideal, you have to have some idea of how much you'd be willing to spend at this point in time to try for the complete stay in one property.

We also dont' want to suggest a strategy higher thank you're currently willing to spend, so knowing your maximum bid we'll be able to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I find that if you check individual days on Hotwire the rates vary significantly. If you put in multiple days you get the highest rate only.

I don't think this is entirely accurate... in situations where this does occur, it's more likely due to one (or more) of the days being more expensive than the others, thereby increasing the average nightly cost of the multi-nite stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Unfortunately this time frame encompasses the Boston marathon so I don't think you are going to be able to get a good deal. Hotels all across town are normally at capacity for this entire time. I would take anything under $200/night in your situation. You can probably do a much better job if you do split your bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]