Hotwire Hotel: Help Ident 3.5* and 2.5* Hotels in Venice (Mestre)

canuckabroad
By canuckabroad,
in

I entered April 14-18 in Venice and received 2 options in Mestre. I know one is the Holiday Inn but which one and what is the other?

3.5* $86 per night, weight room, restaurant, business centre, internet.

sounds like the Holiday Inn but it says it is rated 4/5 in Trip Advisor with 60+reviews. Only other option I can think of is Hotel Plaza

2.5* $69 per night, breakfast and internet 3/5 in TA with 20+ reviews the reviews sound like Holiday Inn the amenities sounds like the Trieste

Is Hotwire accurate when posting TA ratings? Any thoughts on the above.

I've heard the Holiday Inn is further away than other Mestre hotels which are close to the Treviso bus and train station.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Tripadvisor ratings provided by HOTWIRE are a 'snapshot' in time and are only updated about once a month or so. Therefore, they are accurate at the time updated, but overtime can differ a bit from what is current at the Tripadvisor website.

I know one is the Holiday Inn...
How are you making this determination?

The Tripadvisor info for the 3.5* property doesn't match the Holiday Inn while the 2.5* property shows Complimentary Breakfast, which i don't believe is an amenity offered by the Holiday Inn (let me know if this is incorrect), so i don't think this is likely the Holiday Inn either.

Also, for the 2.5* HOTWIRE property can you doublecheck the Tripadvisor rating... on my search the 2.5* property is showing a TripAdvisor rating of 3.5/5.0.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I should probably have said that I suspect one is the Holiday Inn, only because I know it is available via Hotwire. Though because I am putting children in the room, the options that come up are limited.

Yes, it was 3.5/5 for the 2.5* property. Thanks, tried to double-check before I sent but hotwire was giving me problems when I went to go back in.

Neither of the above have been identified, as a guess the 2.5* may be the Holiday Inn Express Quarto D'Altino, but that's just a guess and i'm not certain.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for trying. I won't be booking quite yet, I need to have firm dates and flights. And it seems like they are using Mestre to include a very big area. We will be doing a few trips during our year here, so I am checking out the options. There are not many hotels on HOTWIRE that take 4 in a room and PRICELINE does not even give me the option to put them in for the search. The other option is to try to get 2 very cheap rooms.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]