Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Juan Sheraton Old San Juan

liz1992
By liz1992,
in

Hello ThereUare,

It's been quite a while sincce I've been on the boards. I've been wandering around them now for about an hour & 1/2 getting familiar again.

You helped me so much last trips. :)

I need the link to the guidelines for bidding. The steps, list #1 thru ????

I can't seem to find that info and bet I passed right by it.

Sorry to start off without being thorough and finding it myself. I do know there are guidelines to follow here. I'm whimping out!

I've given up looking because I have fuzz brain at this point from booking my cruise and then the

horrendous battle for airfare. It's taken me 3 days on the computer to finally check into Cruise Critic

I am trying to remain patient and I remembered you taught that well on these boards.

It feels good to be back.

The boards look great!!!! Super!

I need 3 rooms (doubles)

Check In: midnight 2/12/09 - 2 nights

Check Out: 2/14/09

Check In: 2/21/09 - 1 night

Check Out 2/21/09 - 5:00 am

Looking to be close to Pan American Pier San Juan

3 Adults, 2 seniors, 1 child age 12

pool, beach, clean

3* or above

$115 -120 night

(This trip is getting costly times 4 people. Took a big hit on airfare from JFK. But got a 1st class return on Delta for $710. minus $100. evoucher)

Is San Juan Beach a winning hotel. I had a friend stay there, repeat customer, she enjoys it so much.

I have alot to share. Did a cruise on Royal, Vision of The Seas, last January to Baja Mexico. Missed the cruise by 1/2 hour due to Delta flight.

It was a very interesting story and more proof why everyone should consider travel Insurance. I'm glad we did.

It's good to be back.

Liz

Welcome back!

Unfortunately i'm not sure which thread you're refering to with the "steps for bidding", usual we customize the bidding strategy (which we can do for you) based upon the particular of the stay. If rather you're refering to how to determine your re-bid zones, that is explained here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Also, i'm surprised that your friend likes the San Juan Beach hotel as it gets poor reviews

For your upcomng stay(s) please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this one for your pre-cruise stay of 2/12-2/14... please start a NEW TOPIC for your post cruise stay.

I'm a bit confused by some of the information so can you please clarify...

3 Adults, 2 seniors, 1 child age 12

(This trip is getting costly times 4 people)

How many rooms do you need any how many guests in each room?
pool, beach, clean

3* or above

$115 -120 night

Is this the criteria only for your post-cruise stay or for both legs of the trip?

Hope you didn't miss too much of the cruise when you missed the boat (litterally) and the expense to meet up wasn't too great. When we need to travel to the port we always arrive a day early as in my early cruising days we were traveling from NYC-->Vancouver for depature the following day. There was a mechanical issue and while we were supposed to depart ~8am i don't think we left until 3pm or so. While we were 'safe' our ship didn't leave until the following day, there were many onboard with same day embarkation and they didn't not have a very relaxing flight! (still don't know if they ultimately made it or not... but it was sure nice not being the one to have to worry about it) The need to arrive a day early was the inspriation behind Hotels by the Pier.com :)

I'd love to hear about your crusing adventures and/or the story of missing the ship, feel free to send me a PM with the info when your current booking research settles down. We recently returned from a 12 nite on RCL on Explorer and have another (non-RCL cruise) planned for later this year.

Anyway, let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again,

Here we go...

Do I search for the hotel amenties at the hotels website? I can't remember, but I think I may be correct.

Here's our details: * I love the looks of the Caribe Hilton and the location is perfect. :) That it was I'd love to be in. I did a quick search on Travelocity before logging in here.

It says my dates are unavailable! boo hoo. I hope that's not true.

First Leg - Pre Cruise - Feb 12 - 14, 2009 Need 3 separate rooms OR a condo with 3 bedrooms. Prefer 3 star and above. Closer to CuisePort.

Room #1

2/12 Check in - 11:00 pm

2/14 Check out

2 Nights

2 adults, 1 child age 12

2 doubles or queen

beach, pool, restaurant, buffet

Room #2

2/12 Check In

2/14 Check out

1 Senior - My Dad

1 bed

same amenties

2 nights

Room#3

2/13 Check In

2/14 Check out

2 Adults

2 Doubles

1 Night

Let me know if on the right track now. As you can see I definately require guidance. :)

Let me know where I shold be looking next. :o

Liz

For your upcomng stay(s) please use separate threads for each leg of your stay. We'll use this one for your pre-cruise stay of 2/12-2/14... please start a NEW TOPIC for your post cruise stay.

With PRICELINE you don't have the ability to choose your room/bedding configuration... all that is guaranteed is a room which will accomodate double occupancy. It may be able to accomodate more than two, it may only have one bed, it may have two beds... do you need the bed configurations that you indicate above, or is this a request and if the hotel is not able to accomodate your requests you'll figure out a way to make it work?

What is your maximum bid for this first leg of your stay? (is it $120 for a 3* or better hotel, if i'm reading the first post correctly??)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Double rooms are fine. "We will make it work". Adjustments can be made once we are checked in anyway.

I forgot you advised me to start a 2nd thread for leg two. I will do that.

I'm just stuck in how this all works. I remember making a list of requirements of some sort. I thought I was on the right track.

I will go higher than $120. up to $150.

How long is the re-bid lock out again? 72 hours, I think.

Let me knwo what to do next.

Do I use the Priceline - HOTWIRE links to get the list?

Where do I find the amenties to list? Is it the hotel website? or Travelocity and the like.

I am a Hilton H Honors and Marrioot Rewards if that matters???

One more question to get started...

Did you want to first try for a Resort property up to your limit, then if rejected try for a 4*, then for a 3.5*, then for a 3*... or are you interested in the least expensive 3* or better?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Yes, that would be fine.

Thanks for your help. I need your patience as I really am a "scatter brain" and my words come out very confusing!!!

At the Resort class you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select Resort San Juan...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone4...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort San Juan and re-bid zone3 and re-bid zone4 and re-bid zone2

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Okay. Sounds like a plan. I will do my best.

I have one dilemna here.

Rooms 1 & 2 will be checking in on Thursday night 2/12/09 after 10:00 pm.

Room 3, our friends (of whom I'm doing the hotel bookin for) have a flight that leaves JFK on Thursday 2/12 at 11:59 p.m., with an arrival at SJU 4:45 a.m. Friday morning.

I am sure they will be exhausted flying the red-eye. My question is this:

If I don't take all 3 rooms at once, there is no guarantee that if I do a seperate Priceline bid for 1 night (for them for 1 night 2/13, check out 2/14 ) that they will even get the same hotel?? Correct? Common sense is kicking in here. I know my own answer, but feel better running it by you.

You must be convinced by this point I'm a total flake..dumb as nails...

I really do have a tough time concentrating due to "menopuse". I get so fuzz brained in the evening. It's absolutely horrible. Unfortunately, this is the only time I can do this computer work. So again, please bear with me. I apologize in advance........

Should I book them (if all bidding is in my favor) for the 2/12, the same as my other 2 rooms. Otherwise they will have to either come knocking on our doors way too early or they could just check into their room which will be waiting. I will make sure their reservation gets held when I check in due too thier early morning arrival.

Another Question????

I need to know if I should book the 3 rooms all in my name thru Priceline after selecting San Juan/Resorts/Price.

At the next page where credit card info is required, I am wondering if 2 different names are going to create a problem or rejection.

To simplfy I think it's best to just put all 3 rooms in my name unless you can tell me more than one name has no bearing on final payment type.

If I put my credit card info in it will all be charged to me???

I have no problem putting it all on my card, but it just creates that uncomfy moment when your friend has to pay up because you put out!

What's your suggestion?

I'll wait a bit to see if my 2 posts get answered before proceeding. I want to do this right.

Thanks,

Liz

We're on the same page and you're not "flaking out"... and i'm all in favor of asking questions if you're unsure of anything :)

You're correct that to ensure all three rooms are at the same hotel you'll need to bid them together in the same bid.

As far as the bidding/billing process, you can only use one credit car for the bid, so you'll have to have your friends pay you for the room. There is no issue putting the different guests names down for the reservation (or putting them all in your name)... the computer doens't "check" to see who is paying for the room and who the guest is. For example, if i wanted to buy a room for my friend there would be no problem with me using my info for the billing info and his/her name as the "hotel guest".

One caveat... unless the situation calls for otherwise, i usually recommend putting the actual guest's name down on the reservation. If you put all the rooms in your name, and something (an emergency or illness) should happen where you can't make this trip, all the rooms could potentially be forfeited since you won't be there for check-in... putting them in each person's own name makes each person responsible for their own room.

Unsolicited advice: Have your friend pay you once you win a hotel... not at check-in :)

Can anyone tell me how this works on Priceline?

I am bidding on 3 rooms under one bid.

Priceline asks for the names on each room.

If I use 3 different names, one for each room how does the next page go when you put in your credit card info.

Will all 3 rooms go onto the one card entered or will Priceline take me to a page for each persons name that the room is in?

Also I read previously that a Bank debit card should have the Visa logo. Will a Mastercard logo work as well?

Thanks,

Liz

Bidding on Priceline -

Can anyone tell me if it is required that your banking card MUST have a Visa logo to process or will a Mastercard logo work as well?

Thanks,

Liz

Thnak you so much.

I think I am brave enough to proceed now.

I just don't want to screw this up.

I just posted about using a mastercard logo vs. a visa logo to reserve/purchase?

Are mastercard logos accepted thru Priceline. I read a post earlier that stated Visa.

I just need to put the proper card in from the start.

Muchas gracias,

Liz

Bid in Process!!

So, the re-bid zones are listed in order

Zone 1 - Cabo Rojo

Zone 2 - Dorado

Zone 3 - Mayaguez - Isabela

Zone 4 - Ponce

Zone 5 - Rio Grande - Huma....

Zone 6 - San Juan

Correct??

No...

You've listed SIX zones above (all those in the San Juan region) but you have only FOUR re-bid zones. As noted above:

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

You need to use the following from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained to determin your re-bid zones:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time. (NOTE: for most users Priceline has updated their interface making the above process easier... simply check a zone and note the highest star rating available within each zone, UNcheck that zone and checkmark the next zone, repeating the process)

PLEASE ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before proceeding.

Here is a cut & paste of what I have up on Priceline right now.

What am I doing wrong?

Priceline Page:

We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $115 for a hotel room in the Puerto Rico area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number 580-206-591-01.

To try your request again, change one or more items with a check.

Can you select additional areas where you can stay?

Cabo Rojo Details -- I have this checked

Dorado Details -- I have this checked

Mayaguez - Isabela Details I have this checked

Ponce - Guanica Details --blank

Rio Grande - Humacao Details -- blank

San Juan Details --Checked

Select All Zones

Resort hotels available in this area

Click here to see a Map of the Puerto Rico area.

Can you select additional star levels?

4-Star Deluxe

Exactly! I stopped.

This is what I am interpreting.

What do I do after the bid is rejected and it says to add another zone?

Do I log out and re-start the whole thing. I'm not getting this even after I read and re-read.

First thing you need to do is determine your FOUR re-bid zones.

List each zone and the highest star rating available in each, using the following technique:

1) click the first zone in the list

2) look at the star levels and determine the highest star rating available in that zone (and write it down)

3) UNCHECK the first zone and then checkmark the next zone in the list

4) repeat the process noting the highest star level in each zone (making sure that only one zone is checkmarked each time)

Post the zones and the highest star level available in each.

Zone 1 - Cabo Rojo - 2 * Highest

Zone 2 - Dorado - 3 * Upscale

Zone 3 - Mayaguez - 3 * Upscale

Zone 4 - Ponce - 2* Moderate

Zone 5 - Rio Grande - 4* Deluxe

Zone 6 - San Juan - 4* Deluxe

So, if I pick 4 start right now with the info I have already chosen above. I'm up to mayaguez (mayaguez doesn't have 4*) I should be back on the right track?

Am I getting it??? I think I might be.

The page I'm on now says this: Its a cut & paste from Priceline:

Can you select additional areas where you can stay?

Cabo Rojo Details checked

Dorado Details checked

Mayaguez - Isabela Details checked

Ponce - Guanica Details

Rio Grande - Humacao Details

San Juan Details

Select All Zones checked

Resort hotels available in this area

Click here to see a Map of the Puerto Rico area.

Can you select additional star levels?

4-Star Deluxe Checked

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]