MIA Midsize 09/10/04-09/13/04 $14

loanshark
By loanshark,
in

No problem....Glad to share the information. Thank YOU for running a great board!

I hate to put a damper in your theory, but I checked Hotwire's rates after winning this bid. Even though the daily rate was higher ($19.95/day), with taxes/fees the total was $79.73. Thus, this bid really is only a $4.49 savings over Hotwire.

Feel free to advise if this cost comparison info belongs on another topic.

It wasn't a theory based upon car rentals from Priceline vs. Hotwire, it was Priceline or Hotwire vs. Conventional methods.

For a very long time you could do better booking a car rental directly thru a rental company or one of the big 3 (Oribtz, Expedia, Travelocity). As well, the previously mentioned services often allowed you to cancel and had far fewer restrictions that made Priceline/Hotwire even less of a deal since the savings weren't that great.

We're now starting to see users 'try' some lowball rental offers and to their surprise they're getting accepted.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare.....I guess at first I misunderstood your initial reply. Thanks for clarifying.

By the time you add taxes/fees in, I'm spending $25.08/day.....Most conventional methods were about $30-$32/day (after finding cheapest coupon codes).

Even though I'm very satisfied with this rental, it is still nowhere near the savings you get on hotels. But I do agree with you, Priceline is starting to make progress on car rentals.

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]