Hotwire Hotel: 3* NYC (ESB) Hampton Inn 35th Street

BHOOM
By BHOOM,
in

That should be pretty easy to beat - if not beat, at least get a nicer hotel for the same price.

Let me see what I can find - be back in a few moments.

thanks a lot for your help and time

i checked through Orbitz, and a few others but there are just way too many hotels... almost got the tudor but it had horrible reviews

Search for 2 people on HOTWIRE (please use the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchase) and:

There is a ----

3* in the Empire State Building area with the amenities: breakfast, internet, restaurant, business for $66. While I still think there's at least a slight chance this could be the Clarion, there have now been two reports of this being the Hampton Inn 35th. At about half of what you're paying for the CI, this would be an excellent deal.

3.5* for $139 in the Times Square/Theatre District area with the amenities: Boutique, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Business, Spa - this would appear to be the Roommate Grace.

3.5* Boutique in the ESB area with the amenities: boutique, fitness, business, internet. $119. Not ID'd yet, but this may be the Vincci Avalon or Hotel 57 or possibly something else.

3.5* Midtown Central fitness/business/restaurant/'net $119 - this would appear to be a match for the Hudson.

_____

Orbitz (please use the site's Orbitz.com link)

Use coupon code 20HOTEL to get an extra 20% off these prices

$152 Flatotel (w/breakfast.)

$112 Murray Hill East

$123 Tudor Hotel (already 40% off - coupon takes an additional 20% and makes it 60% off.)

If any of these appeal, then please use the site's links and let us know how it goes. If not, you can also explore the option of Priceline.

Personally, if I had to recommend a choice, I say take the 3* Empire State Building on HOTWIRE for $66 - take a cheap hotel and save the money for other things. If it's the Hampton Inn 35th, that would be a fantastic deal.

thank you for your help!!!

I have a couple of questions: On hotwire you can't tell if you get a double room/queen/king or the hotel? Does it randomly pick the hotel it can find? Does it tell you when you book the hotel you are booking or do you have to wait until after booked? sorry i'm a complete newbie to hotwire

The empire state is the best deal by far!! just wondering which one it would be...

Well, the ESB has been reported to be the Hampton Inn 35th by two users in recent days.

Search for 1 or 2 people on HOTWIRE and you are only guaranteed 1 bed; in terms of king or queen or double or full, etc - it depends on what the hotel has.

Based on the amenities showing, you can make an educated guess (not guaranteed) as to which hotels are showing on HOTWIRE.

You do not find out which hotel you're getting under after you make the purchase.

In terms of the $66, it's a matter of what is the risk worth it to you - if it's the Hampton Inn (as a couple of other users have reported), that's an awfully good deal. Maybe it's not a 4*, but....with the money you save versus a 4* - or even versus the CI - you can go out for a nice dinner, etc. etc.

Full price for these dates is $179 per night!

Ya I know I checked the hilton site... this is a crazy deal. I was a little hesitant after seeing the initial numbers, but then checked the amenities and they matched perfectly; good call buddy.

If you don't mind updating the list of hotels with this one, it would be great! I'm sure it would give somebody else a stellar deal in the future!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]