Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) Roosevelt

hollyh
By hollyh,
in

Holly, you will LOVE this hotel. The ambiance is phenomenal.

I don't know what the rooms are like, but the pool is to die for. When I walked through it a few weeks ago, I expected any moment for Douglas Fairbanks or Marilyn Monroe to come around the corner.

Just a few tidbits:

Marilyn Monroes suite that she lived in for a while (that is supposedly haunted) is room 1200. Her image is said to appear in the mirror in the room. The staff tried to debunk this by placing the mirror in other rooms, in the bar, in the managers office..but still her image appeared!

The first Academy Awards was held in this hotel. It was hosted by Douglas Fairbanks and lasted all of 15 mins!

Marilyn Monroes famous pool side photo shoot was done at this hotel. The pool is still the same to this day!! Go at night. it is WONDERFUL!! The pool side Tropicana bar with the quaint seating and fire pits.. OMG to die for.

Have a good stay!! I heard them quoting someone $500 on a Sat night when I was walking around the hotel!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]