Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Mag Mile-Streeterville) InterContinental

elle81
By elle81,
in

I am hoping for some help with a couple of options I have. The date we are staying is the night of February 14th-15th.

The two results I'm looking at are 4.5* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with Fitness, Restaurant, Business, & High-Speed internet, also listed as "customer favorite" "lowest price guarantee" and "best value." $93/night.

The second one I'm looking at is a 4* hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - Streeterville with Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Business, High-Speed, Tennis nearby, & Spa, also listed as "lowest price guarantee" $99/night.

I also wanted to ask about parking and if any hotels actually had parking included in their stay, the parking seems outrageous for some hotels. Thanks for helping! PS-we aren't set on that location, we don't really know where we want to stay so if anyone has suggestions that'd be great. We know we'd like to go to the Art Institute...

Welcome to the site :)

The first option would appear to be either the Intercontinental or the Conrad; the second would look to be the Swissotel.

I'd go with the 4.5 instead of the 4*

Hotels in Chicago do not have parking included and parking is often outrageous. Your best bet is to either park in the Millennium Park lot or to explore other options, such as the Sterling Self-Park:

The Sterling Self-Park Garage

(located between Clark and LaSalle on Kinzie)

$24 per day

In by 7 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $14

In by 9 a.m. out by 7 p.m. - $18 per day

After 3 p.m. and weekends - $6

The rates are higher now than what's above - call to inquire. I've never parked here (don't drive), but many do due to the weekend rates.

Of course, it's also not a bad idea to just not drive if possible, as in Chicago it just creates a costly hassle.

In terms of hotels, I'd go with the 4.5*.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could start your purchase by using the site's link to HOTWIRE (click the HOTWIRE.)

Please let us know how it goes and if you have any questions.

I started a post similar to this one, yesterday, except my dates are for the end of January. It sounds like we're looking for the same thing, and neither of us wants to pay a lot for parking. You asked if there are any hotels that include parking, I actually found one through Orbitz. The Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown / Magnificent Mile is offering a deal right now, $100 a night, and self parking for a $1. I then googled and found an orbits promo code for $25 dollars off. My wife stayed at that hotel a couple of years ago, and she said its not bad. Its kind of a budget-type hotel, but the location is great, and I can't go wrong only paying a dollar for parking, since I will be driving to Chicago. All rooms have fridge and microwave, and internet and bottled water is free. I realize you're going Valentine's Day weekend, so you may NOT be looking for a budget-type hotel, but I thought I'd throw this out there for you if you're looking for a good deal.

Use this site's link to Orbitz if you decide to go with this offer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]