Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Detroit (Downtown) Holiday Inn Express

Knocturnal
By Knocturnal,
in

I recently was the recipient of $25 "HotDollars" given to me by Hotwire due to a future reservation that I had made at the Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Detroit. Reason being is that this property has been adjusted/downgraded from a 3* to a 2.5*. Just wanted to let everyone in the know regarding the new star rating!!!

Thanks for the post... can you please share the details of your win to this thread by adding the dates of your stay, price paid, and amenities shown before your purchase. You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Even though this property has been reported to the board previously, please share all your wins with the board as the information could benefit others.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Detroit Downtown Holiday Inn Express

Dates of Stay 4/10/09 - 4/11/09

Amenities include:

Complimentary Breakfast

Fitness Center

Pool

Business Center

Laundry Facilities

High-Speed Internet Access

Reservation: $44.00

Taxes and other fees: $12.69

Total: $56.69

I made this reservation far in advance, as some friends are flying in from out west to take in the '09 Tiger's Opener.

• 1 month later...

Update? - I was recently browsing on Hotwire for another stay in downtown Detroit, when I came across a 3* that includes the same amenities as the Holiday Inn Express for the typical price ($45). When I checked my trip itinerary for the April 10th date, it was showing that Holiday Inn Express is a three star once again. The reason this can be rather quick to point out is that it offers complimentary breakfast, yet is not considered a boutique. Quite silly that they would downgrade and upgrade so quickly from 2.5* to 3*, but I won't hesitate to take the "hot Dollars". Haha.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]