Hotwire Hotel: New York Condo

Venka
By Venka,
in

I am staying in New York from 05-13 until 05-18, provisionally (fully cancelable) booking with the Hampton Inn Soho for $189 ex Tax.

Totally new to Hotwire, I am looking for accommodation with a little bit more space it is me, husband and toddler of almost two.

I am checking out 2-star condo in Downtown - SoHo, Tripadvisor 2.5 out of 5 Studio Fully-equipped Kitchen Smoke Free Rooms

Air Conditioning High-speed Internet Access Boutique Hotel Condos

Can anybody advice what this possible may be, bit concerned about the low Tripadvisor Rate.

Welcome to the site :)

While I would be concerned that this is one of the infamous Woogo properties, all of their properties are concentrated in Midtown (that I can see.)

Might this be Hotel 309?

Overall, I'm not sure what this is, but I think the Hampton Inn sounds a lot more appealing than an independent condo that gets a bad TA rating.

The Salisbury Hotel has larger-than-normal rooms. Rooms are 350 square feet, which is much larger than most regular rooms in NYC. While it's an older hotel (it has been in operation for decades), it has been pretty well-maintained and gets good reviews on TA (4 out of 5). It's also an instance of location, location, location - it's in a terrific location in Upper Midtown.

The Salisbury is $124.80 on Expedia for these dates - a 40% off sale (just a great deal for the hotel during the Spring.) I would *strongly* recommend that over the HOTWIRE possibility, and I'd even recommend considering that over the Hampton Inn.

There is also a 700 square foot 1BR suite for $172.80 at the Salisbury on Expedia.com, as well.

Please use the site's link to Expedia.com (click the Expedia.com) to start your purchase if the Salisbury is of interest.

I'm not seeing any 2* Condo offered for your dates in the Downtown zone, but i agree with AaronJB's comments above in that i think you can do much better than this, as well as better than your back-up.

Since your child will be under 2 years old, you can search HOTWIRE for 2adults/0children since you're inputting the correct information as per the age ranges HOTWIRE lists under each dropdown menu. Once you win a hotel you can make sure it can call the hotel to request a crib, and if one won't fit in the room, then you can call HOTWIRE and explain the situation to them.

Or is the Salisbury thru Expedia mentioned above appealing?

If you let us know what you're looking for, star rating and budget-wise, i think we can help you do better than the 2* HOTWIRE offer above as well as your current back-up.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia link if you go that route)

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for replying, this forum is great! This is our wedding anniversary and first holiday since our little one was born so I want to make it a very special vacation, husband has never been in NY. Our budget is about $250 a day (less would be big bonus though) as our little one goes to bed at around 8-ish , it would be nice if the room is a bit larger than the usual NY hotel room so we can watch television , read book etc. Minimum 2.5 star rating.

Husband is quite fussy :) , accommodation has to be very clean as toddler eats everything from the floor. We don't want to be anywhere near Times Square, we would prefer to be in the more trendy, urban areas like SOHO, Chelsea and Greenwich.

I will check out the Salisbury though, thanks for that. Checked Salisbury, whilst it is a posibility it is not a favourite as we prefer more trendy, contemporary accommodation.

While not in a 'trendy' area, i think the best value for your dates is what appears to be the Omni Berkshire for ~$189/nite. At 52nd St and Madison it's probably far enough away from Times Square for it to be quiet (as well as quiet at nite as the business area dies down)... but not sure what is most important to you for this stay.

Thoughts??

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I will certainly consider the Salisbury or Omni. I had a quick peek at the Embassy Suites Tribeca (2 rooms per suite under $250) which look perfect for our family, what is the location like? We will be stuck in the hotel room from 8-ish onwards so we may as well be in a 'nice-looking' room with enough room for a buggy, toys, laptop, a desk to work on etc. A park nearby for our little one would be nice as well.

The location is a bit quiet and a little "out of the way" as it's a few blocks walk to the nearest subway, but there is a great, and big, park just a block away along the Hudson River (with great views of Jersey City and Hoboken).

The hotel is also connected to a small mall with some stores in it (i think a movie theater, restaurant, and a shoe large shoe store (iirc)).

I think the hotel meets all of your needs, except for that fact that it's a little out of way (and the price is a bit high relative to other deals that you could potentially get thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE).

If you do book direct please use our Embassy Suites link to make your reservation.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

The Embassy Suites Downtown is $219 non-refundable on Orbitz.com for these dates. Use coupon code FABSAVE10 for 10% off = $197.10 per night non-refundable.

I agree that it's not the best or most central location, but if that is a hotel that you're interested in, you can apply the FABSAVE10 coupon to at least get 10% off each night on Orbitz.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link if this is of interest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]