Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (North Strip) Wynn

alhoff2000
By alhoff2000,
in

I'm doing a one-nighter Sat., jan. 31 in vegas. Cheerfully, PRICELINE-ing and checking HOTWIRE last couple weeks (through the top links), angling for a good deal on a 5* hotel. Not fussy about which.

I just realized this morning that that's SuperBowl weekend. Is this generally a busy weekend in Vgeas, and thus, should I adjust my bidding/price limits?

I've been hoping to get a place for less than $100 (before taxes/fees). This morning Hotwire dropped a 5* down to $119, which isn't bad.

Obviously, I've got plenty of time left to keep bidding, but any seasoned advice about SuperBowl weekend would be welcomed.

thanks, and love this board!

Traditionally Vegas is very busy for Super Bowl weekend. A few years ago the NFL put a kibosh on all the mega parties the hotels used to throw, but that only slightly affected the crowds. Hotels for that Sunday night have always double or triple what they would normally be. The Friday and Saturday weren't as bad if I remember correctly, maybe around an additional 25%. So if you were thinking $100 before you realized it was Superbowl weekend, then maybe $125 wouldnt be bad. Still, its tough to say this year with the current climate.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think demadog summed it up well... on one hand this is SuperBowl Weekend which is traditionally a very busy time in Vegas. On the otherhand, the Vegas economy is very weak at the moment, so no telling which way the chips will fall (pun intended :) )

I think $119 for a 5* is a good deal is either good or bad times, and with other 4* hotels on the strip currently priced higher, i would be inclined to lock it in. Also, presuming this is the Wynn, rates diretly on their website start at $258/nite for these dates, so it would be a very good deal, and i wouldn't be upset if later i come to the realizatino that i left $20-$30 on the table (that would be the price of peace of mind and also not risk rates jumping and having this 5* offer disappear)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Saturday night -- Jan. 31 -- at the Wynn.

Started bids at $80 and got a counter-offer of $111. (total with fees & taxes, $119)

encouraged, since the last 2 weeks of bidding have kicked back initial counter-offers of $155. Also, Wynn (likely) dropped the Hotwire price yesterday to $119 (from $139).

Used six free re-bid zones -- almost quit at $99, but added 2 bucks to make three digits. Success. Happy to beat not just the rack rate but also HOTWIRE.

My goal was 5* below $100, but for Saturday night (and SuperBowl weekend), I've no complaints about the extra couple bucks.

thanks to Better Bidding -- and yup, I ued your PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear you got an even better deal than the $119/nite rate, which i think itself is a very good rate for a 5* hotel in Vegas... not to mention during Superbowl weekend.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]