Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTC) Royalton

Costigan
By Costigan,
in

It's kind of difficult to peer that far into the future in terms of knowing what's going to be happening with the economy, with NYC conventions during that time, etc.

However, given the $321 I'm currently seeing as regular rate for these dates, I think the HOTWIRE rate at this time is a pretty good discount.

My other suggestion would be the Affinia Manhattan, which is $195 for a studio room via Quikbook.com. The Quikbook rate appears to be cancelable/refundable (although check the fine print.) Non-refundable rooms on Quikbook are usually designated as such (this is not), but I'd still recommend checking the fine print.

About eight months in advance, you may want to take a look at the Affinia. If it is refundable, it is a GREAT rate for a very nice property, and the ability to cancel will allow some flexibility.

Please use the site's links to Quikbook.com or HOTWIRE.com.

The reasoning behind the Affinia suggestion was that it would be a really nice back-up; if traffic does start to seem low for next August, hotels may drop prices and you would be able to cancel and book something else rather than already having booked the Royalton on HOTWIRE for the price the service currently has it for. If not and prices go the other way, you'd have a very nice hotel all set.

Hi there,

I booked a 4.5* Mid Town Central

Fitness, Restaurant, Business, HS Internet 8/8 to 12/8 per my earlier thread on Sunday.

It turned out to be the Royalton

I received an email yesterday from hotwire to say that they had downgraded the hotel to 4* (you might want to update the list)

They gave me 25 dollars credit per night to make up for the inconvenience.

I'm very happy with hotwire

Edit reason: facts incorrect

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're happy with the service you have received from HOTWIRE.

Thanks for letting us know of the downgrade of this property for the Hotwire Hotel List and for using our HOTWIRE link for your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]