Priceline Hotel: Fort LAuderdale Strategy Advice. Does this sound right?

CherylTravels
By CherylTravels,
in

Hello,

First time poster and HOTWIRE / PRICELINE user. Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!

I've read through a bunch of posts and want to make sure that I've put together a reasonable bidding strategy (this is kind-of overwhelming). Plus, the RESORT tag for the Hyatt Pier 66 confuses me a bit.

Here's what I"m looking for:

April 3rd (pre-cruise). I'll also be bidding on an APril 11th post-cruise, but figured let's start with one thing at a time :)

4 Star Beach: Hyatt Pier 66 or Ilugano

OR

4 Star Downtown: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale or Fort Lauderdale Grand Hotel and Yacht

Any of the above 4 resorts are absolutely fine.

If I had to pick, I"d take one of the 4 star BEACH. So, here is my proposed strategy (but I really have no idea whether or not it makes sense).

1st Bid: 4 Star Beach RESORT

2nd Bid: 4 Star Beach

3rd Bid: 4 Star Downtown

4th Bid: keep above, add zone 1

5th bid: keep above, add zone 3

6th Bid: keep above, add zone 6

I know at some place I"m supposed to close the browser, but I don't understand that completely.

I will be ABSOLUTELY sure to use PRICELINE from your links each and every bid :)

Thanks a bunch!

Cheryl from Michigan :o

Welcome to BetterBidding!

4 Star Beach: Hyatt Pier 66 or Ilugano

OR

4 Star Downtown: Renaissance Fort Lauderdale or Fort Lauderdale Grand Hotel and Yacht

Any of the above 4 resorts are absolutely fine.

Two comments regarding the quote above...

1) you're not just bidding on these hotels... these may be the only hotels reported in each zone at each star level, but there could be others not yet reported to the board (you could be the first to win such a hotel and we'll then add it to the list) or a hotel at a lower star level may be upgraded to the 4* level. As well, when you select a star level, it is the minimum you are willing to accept... so for example, your 4* bid in the Beach zone could be upgraded to the Resort class Marriott Harbor Beach.

2) do you have a preference for the Beach zone vs. the Downtown zone OR are you looking for the least expensive 4* or better hotel in either zone for this nite?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks in advance for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for helping!

1) I understand and promise not to whine should I end up with a hotel/resort not on the 'list'. I did see the Marriott Harbor Beach, sorry for forgetting that one.

2) My bottom line preference is to be near 17th street in a nice hotel. I absolutely understand that by bidding I"m taking a chance on getting a hotel in another area, I'm just trying to minimalize that risk. I'm fine with wherever I end up though, which is why priceline is perfect for me. I think that based on your question, I"ll be bidding 'downtown' first and then 'beach' though, so thanks :).

I have the holiday inn express conference center (17th street) on reserve in the event that my bidding strategy doesn't work out. That hotel is pricing at $130.00 plus tax, so a nicer hotel in the same general price range would be a big 'win' to me. However, this is Easter Break week, and my expectations are such that a bonus is great, but I"ll be fine either way :).

Cheryl :o

Since ultimately you're goal is to 'better' your current back-up, would you have any interest in the Sheraton Yankee Clipper for $87/nite? (if so it would enable you to lower your maximum bid below the $130 mark)

Also, what i was getting at in the 2nd question above was potentially bidding both zones at the same time, since this gives you a chance to win in whichever zone has the lower priced hotel at the minimum star level you choose... but you know what you want/expect from this stay so it's up to you how you'd like to play it.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I will try another bidding strategy reducing my maximum bid below the $130.00 mark. Make sense?
Assuming you mean bid below the $130 mark for a lower rated hotel, then yes, it makes sense... but if you mean to bid under $130 for a 4* then i'm not sure if i'm following.

Assuming you want to bid for the least expensive 4* or better property in either zone with a $130 maximum, i would begin as follows:

At the 4* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Beach and Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beach and Downtown and re-bid zone6...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]