Priceline Hotel: 3* Bakersfield (Bakersfield) Residence Inn

pterrell
By pterrell,
in

What good luck!! I was hoping for the Residence Inn and got it. It's one of five 3* in Bakersfield.

$51 was opening bid and it was accepted. (A little high, but Bakersfield has no free zones and I was bidding at 7pm, so I didn't want to mess around with rebids...)

Mom and Dad's house in Fresno burned down Monday. The insurance company put them up at the Residence Inn in Bakersfield to be close to my sister. Before making the drive down, I saw the hotel showing up in the list and a couple of bids being accepted. But only a few times. I checked on the web and the lowest price was $94/night for AAA. So with the wife's permission, I "rolled the dice" and won.

The desk clerk kindly put us next door to my parent's room. So I've trooped the new "grandson" over to see them a couple of times while the wife was doing her thing in the room. And of course there's a fridge and microwave in the room!

And the new "grandson" is the reason I haven't posted since July. My little boy came a couple of months early and the wife and I have been busy ever since. The pediatrician OKed him for long trips at the end of Dec.

And of course I started my bid using the BetterBidding PRICELINE form.

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $51.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $102.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $21.04 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $123.04 (USD)

Thank you for posting your win and for using the PRICELINE link :o

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your parents!!! :) :) I hope everyone was okay!

Congrats on your new addition, and very glad you were able to get the Residence. :)

Enjoy your stay - I wish your parents well and hope they have a speedy recovery from this sad time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]