Hotwire Hotel: new york city 12/28 to 12/31

anausa
By anausa,
in

Welcome to the site. :)

The HOTWIRE hotels would likely be The Millennium Hilton (the 4* you mention) and the Club Quarters Downtown (the 3.5* you mention.)

If you wanted to attempt to bid for the Millennium Hilton, I would try a bid of $140 for a 4* in the Downtown - SoHo - Financial District area. If that isn't accepted, try again 24 hours later for $5 more.

Please use these HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your travel purchases, as clicking on either link to start your purchase helps to support this site.

I tried from the recommended 140$ up to 155$ (adding other areas which were more expensive I thought) and nothing has been accepted.

Do you think I still can wait or should I just go for the hotwire rate?

As of now I have a 3* hotel in Times Square ofr about 190$, Hotel 41, that I can cancel without penalty up to 1 day before.

What do you recomend?

Thanks for the quick response!!!

Ana

Actually, I came up with a better idea than either Priceline or Hotwire.

The Thompson Lower East Side is $116 on Quikbook.com for these dates. That's a newer, upscale boutique hotel (it opened a couple months ago), and a MUCH better price. The price is likely as low as it is because they are getting people in to try the hotel out.

If this is of interest, please use the site's Quikbook.com link (click the Quikbook.com)

Actually, I came up with a better idea than either Priceline or Hotwire.

The Thompson Lower East Side is $116 on Quikbook.com for these dates. That's a newer, upscale boutique hotel (it opened a couple months ago), and a MUCH better price. The price is likely as low as it is because they are getting people in to try the hotel out.

If this is of interest, please use the site's Quikbook.com link (click the Quikbook.com)

I just won on Priceline a 4 star hotel in Midtown East for $165 a night for 12-26 to 12-30. It ended up being the Grand Hyatt which is an awesome hotel. I originally was trying to bid on the Millenium Hilton as well because I also saw that same post on Hotwire. Just wanted to let you know.

Probably a bit over $400, although I don't know exactly.

Still, this would be a lot less than what you would pay if you bought the $179 Hotwire listing or tried to bid on Priceline....

The subtotal (before tax) of the $179 HOTWIRE listing is $537. The subtotal of the Thompson LES is $349.... that's a lot of money that can go towards other things - towards broadway tickets, a nice restaurant, etc.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]