Priceline Hotel: 3* St Pete-Clearwater (St Pete Beach-Treasure Island) Tradewinds Sandp

Aisling
By Aisling,
in

If you run your search again at HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to the 2.5*, then click the 'See all amenities' link under the icons, do you see an additional amenity icon compared to what you have posted above?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The hotels above have not yet been identified, but if i were to take a guess i think the 2.5* may be the Best Western Sea Wake and the 2* the Econo Lodge Beachfront Resort (or the Sea Stone... can't really tell who owns it at this point as it keeps changing hands so not sure which amenities are offered)... that would be my best guess for each.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After a little more searching and looking into other areas I found a 3* in St. Pete's Beach with a buncha' amenities at $65 a nite. I decided this was a decent choice. Since I have never dealt with Hotwire before (made SEVERAL purchases with Priceline) I began the process. At the bottom of the 'Continue" page I saw this notice:

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO

This hotel typically charges all guests a resort fee regardless of how the room is booked. The hotel collects this fee of about $30 per room per night directly from you, so it won't show in your Hotwire

Yes, you're total cost would be closer to $95/nite (plus taxes and fees)... although for $30/nite that may include other services (possibly internet, possibly parking, etc) which are things you may or may not intend on using, but if you intended on using these things you may want to try to ID the hotel, determine what the resort fee actually does include, and this way you could determine your true total cost (if you intended to park a car, use internet at the hotel, etc)

If this is too far over your friend's budget it's a moot point, but if these other amenities, which are usually 'extra', perhaps the resort fee would be a 'wash' if these usually additional fees are included.

Rather than take the chance of any added fee's I decided to play the Priceline game (linked to PRICELINE thru' here, of course).

3* St. Pete/Treasure Island

Price accepted $59.00/ night

Taxes/fee's $31.56

Total cost $208.56

Tradewinds Sandpiper

St. Pete's beach- Treasure Island

Pretty dang happy with this win.

Now, if PRICELINE offers any bids on weather forecasts, please contact me. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]