Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

moondogge
By moondogge,
in

Hello, I am new to this board and I am looking on Hotwire for a hotel in New York from 12-26 to 12-30. Hotwire has a 4 star hotel in Downtown - Soho for $184/night. Can anyone help identify? Here are the amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

My wife and I go to New York usually once per year, but this is my first HOTWIRE experience. Thanks to everyone

If you would like to attempt to bid on PRICELINE for the Millennium Hilton, I would start off at $140 for a 4* in the Downtown-Soho-Financial District area. If that isn't accepted, you can try again for $145 24 hours later. Be aware that if you bid on Priceline, you could potentially wind up with a different 4* in that area (although there aren't too many possibilities.)

If you would like to try and bid for Midtown, let us know which areas of Midtown on Priceline you would be interested in. Midtown will be somewhat more expensive, but if you are going to be there a lot during this stay, it may be worth the extra money to not have to commute.

On the other hand, if you are comfortable with the downtown area and have liked the Millennium Hilton, you may want to persue that instead.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

One can't say for certain the price difference between downtown and midtown, but i'd guess downtown would be about $40-$50 cheaper per nite, but it could be less or more. (not including the Hudson, which you mentioned above, or others like it, in this calculation since it is not 4* rated by PRICELINE)

How much would you need to save to make a Downtown hotel worthwhile? Since you 'know' that you could get this 4* property for $185/nite on HOTWIRE, so let's say you need $40/nite to make a worthwhile... you could bid up to $225 for midtown, then if that is rejected try PRICELINE for Downtown in an attempt to beat the $185/nite HOTWIRE rate (or just go for the $185/nite rate if your would like to try to target the Millenium Hilton)

The $40/nite is just an example and you can choose whatever amount you are comfortable with as your maximum bid, and we can then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or any questions and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well thank you to everyone! I decided to go the PRICELINE route and I did use the link from this sight to start my bidding. I made my first bid for a 4 star in Soho for $160 and it was rejected and then I added Mid Town East and raised it to $165 and I won the Grand Hyatt New York. I am completely exstatic about the hotel! It currently is going for $394 on Hotels.com! Thank you to everyone for their advice. I will also put this on the winning bids calendar. Thanks again!

Glad to see you're happy with the results.

I'll also add my often recommended breakfast place for users who are in this location... you're about a 10 minute walk to Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a good, and inexpensive, breakfast amongh local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Glad to see you're happy with the results.

I'll also add my often recommended breakfast place for users who are in this location... you're about a 10 minute walk to Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city and makes for a good, and inexpensive, breakfast amongh local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks, I will definitely try your breakfast spot!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]