Hotwire Hotel: Need an opinion on two hotel options...

keithandmissy
By keithandmissy,
in

I am trying to decide between the following two options. We will be driving to the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area from Tennessee for our cruise departing from Miami. The hotel stay would be 03/08/09-03/09/09. We don't mind driving from Fort Lauderdale to the port in the morning if it means a better or better-assured hotel from Hotwire. Here are the options:

3* Miami (Golden Gables-Miami Springs) for $64 (I don't think this hotel has been ID'd yet)

or

3.5* Fort Lauderdale (Weston-Plantation-Davie) for $66 (Amenities are Fitness, Pool, Restaurant, Hi Speed Internet) - I believe this should be the Sheraton Suites Plantation

We are leaning towards the 3.5* in Fort Lauderdale simply for the fact of knowing what we're getting (at least reasonably so), and then driving to the Port of Miami in the morning.

What do you think?

The 3* has not yet been id'd, but you are correct that the 3.5* would appear to be a match for the Sheraton.

The Sheraton Suites gets good reviews (4/5 on tripadvisor) and the HOTWIRE price is a substantial discount over what I'm seeing as the regular rate for this date. If this hotel is in a location that works for you, I think it looks like a very fine choice for the night.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. Doing so helps support the site and is greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions please ask.

Happy Holidays! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]