Priceline Hotel: Bidding help Austin TX March 1-6 2009

joehotel
By joehotel,
in

I plan on attending a convention downtown Austin TX March 1st thru 6th 2009. The 4 hotels with special deals (and I imagine, free shuttle) are Omni, Hilton, Courtyard Downtown, and Residence Inn Downtown.

Any bidding advice appreciated. I like the upper star ranges but if any other Austin hotels are near the convention center I will consider bidding on their star range. Thanks.

With PRICELINE you won't be able to target any particular property in the zone, you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the minimum star rating you select. If you're trying to target a specific area within the zone, HOTWIRE may be a better option since you can often take an educated guess as to the hotel you will likely receive before your purchase, and therefore also have an educated guess as to where the property will be located.

The trade-off is that PRICELINE is usully a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, so it comes down to whether price or location is the most important factor for this stay.

Let us know your thoughts regarding price vs. location and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]