DFW Dallas Compact Hertz

downey
By downey,
in

I just booked a car on PRICELINE and after trying $8, 9, 10 etc up to $14 I finally got it. I kept changing dates as I was able to without affecting my vacation. When I got the approval I had forgotten to change the time for pick-up and now have a pick up time at 4:30 and a drop off time at 10:00 am. I called PRICELINE to see what could be done and they referred me to Hertz so I called their office at SFO and a rude employee told me I booked through PRICELINE and I was their customer and to call them, then she abruptly hung up!

I can live with my mistake but I wish I had double checked my offer. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Perhaps the details of your win would be consistent with the rental of another user and they could benefit from your purchase... can you please add the car size, company which accepted your bid, and the dates of your rental to this thread.

Is this just a one day rental? What times did you want?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I got a compact car from Hertz for April 2 - April 10th. My flight arrives at 4:30 on the 1st and I quite often don't get a car the first day as I stay in an airport hotel with a shuttle. So while I was changing car types and dates I forgot to change the pick-up time to 10:00 am on the 2nd as it would be the same price.

Here are the details of my rental:

Your Offer Price: $14.00 (per day) Total Rental Days: 8 days(7 days and 17 1/2 hours) Subtotal: $112.00 Taxes and Fees: $53.08 Total Charges: $165.08 Lowest Published Price: $462.99 (USD) Total Savings:* $297.91 (USD) (You saved 64%)

I called Priceline to see if anything could be done and they referred me to Hertz. Has anybody had any success in changing anything once it's booked?

PRICELINE will not likely be able to help you with this, IF anything will be done it will likely be at the Hertz level (although i'm doubtful they will budge much, although it's worth a try, in hopes of getting a more helpful agent then you did previously)

HOWEVER, i wouldn't worry about this too much...

If i'm understanding you correctly you land on 4/1, and your car pick-up is for 4/2 at 4:30pm, when ideally you wished to pick up the car on 4/2 at 10:00am.

I would just show up at the counter on 4/2 at 10am (or a little later if it doesn't mess up your plans too much) and say "I have a reservation for later today, but i was able to catch an earlier flight and was hoping that my car would be available". Unless they are sold-out and really dont' have a car avaiable, i don't see them giving you a hard time about this.

HOWEVER, your return time will likely be 7 days and 17 1/2 hours (the length of time of your original rental) from the time you pick-up the car, so you'll need to adjust your drop-off time accordingly. If this doesn't work for plans you may want to also find out the charge for an additional day so that you know your options going in and can make a decision accordingly.

Hope you straighten it out to work for your needs... let us know how it ultimately goes.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]