Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

nikatknight
By nikatknight,
in

Further to my failed bids for MTE......

I made a refundable booking back in February via the Hyatt for $199 for Dec 24-29 as a backup with the intention of using PRICELINE this month hoping to get something cheaper.

I made a few bids via PRICELINE over the past week for the above period to no avail.

I thought perhaps, due to Dec 27-29 being very popular, I would think about bidding just for Dec 24-26 and keep the nights booked via Hyatt for Dec 26-29 at $199.

I rang Hyatt Customer Support to see if I could cancel Dec 24-26 (and hopefully bid via Priceline for something cheaper) and asked if my $199 price for Dec 26-29 would still stand. They said no, the price per night would be over $350!!

Is this right?

I guess this is well known amongst more experienced bidders but being a rookie I learnt the hard way. Maybe I should have made 2 separate bookings?

...and asked if my $199 price for Dec 26-29 would still stand. They said no, the price per night would be over $350!!

Is this right?

Seems extreme but with rates for your last 3 nites currently at $385/nite it's entirely plausible.

If you would like help with this stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]