MN Minneapolis-St Paul Radisson Plymouth Conference Center

VelmoTraveller
By VelmoTraveller,
in

The attraction of this 3* rated hotel must entirely lie with the Fitness Center. It is ten miles out from downtown, and the official address of the hotel is on a different street than the entrance, making the approach confusing. It is designed as a long thin building, with parking lots at either end. This forces people with rooms in the middle to walk half the considerable length of the hotel to get to those rooms after parking. (But at least parking is free). Once you get in the room, you get everything you would expect from, say, a Fairfield Inn. The good and bad points:

- location in the middle of nowhere, very few restaurants in the area

- small (but clean) bathroom, lots of fluffy towels and shampoo/soap assortments

- furniture in good shape, beds (two queens) very comfortable

- silly faux French design, with gold painted wood accents that just look chintzy

- no real views of anything

- coffee maker, hair dryer, minibar

- staff was friendly enough but not memorably so

- broadband access in the room

- large, well equipped fitness center (free to guests, though some things like tennis courts required an extra charge)

I didn't eat at the restaurant, but overall my impression was that the public areas were more interesting than the rooms, and that this hotel mainly exists for corporate customers who are expected to concentrate on their jobs/conference rather than the attractions of the hotel or area.

• 9 months later...

Just completed a one-night stay at the property, so just have some minor observations

Check-in was quick, Desk made mention of the Hotwire reservation, and informed that I'd only recieve points for incidentals - no biggie, I expected that, and he wasn't condescending or anything about it.

Room - upon getting my reservation, I asked for a room with 2 Queens, and I receieved a room with such. Both beds were of the 'Sleep Number' make/model, which made my wife very happy, as she could pick 'her own comfort level'. Minibar was available, as was dry cleaning, iron/board, as needed. In addition to the two Queens, we had an comfy chair with ottoman, and a desk with high-speed internet connection available, 25" TV. Bathroom was well stocked with towels, lotion, shampoo, etc, etc - only thing I noticed was no fan.... that would have been nice.

Other amenities - Pool area was great with full locker rooms to boot, didn't have time to use the full fitness center, but employees there were pleasant. With my Goldpoints membership, we received the Sunday Star Tribune.

All in all, I was pretty pleased for $60 for this stay

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]