Priceline Hotel: Santa Cruz Help

iowagal
By iowagal,
in

I've searched Hotwire for our stay date (august 11th depart 12th). I only get one 3 star for $166

I submitted a bid for a 4 star on Priceline for $75, not accepted. Resubmitted for 3 & 4 star for $50, not accepted. I'm not willing to take a 2 star and there is only one zone for Santa Cruz.

Any suggestions? I haven't seen any posting on this board for any luck wiith Santa Cruz hotels....

Thanks

I think it's going to take a little more for a 4*. I think $85 should do it - a little higher than perhaps you wanted to go, but still roughly half the hotwire rate for a 3*, and less than half of the lowest prevailing rate for the Chaminade ($179), the only 4* I've seen reported for Santa Cruz anywhere.

:)

Tried my bid again after my 72 hours wait..

$85 for 4 star .....rejected

$85 for 3 star ....also rejected

I'll ponder my willingness to go much higher as with the taxes/fees it gets over $100 with an $85 bid.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Lynette

I would suggest making a fully cancelable backup reservation somewhere if you haven't already. As inventory on Priceline changes all the time, you could keep bidding every 72 hours and something may very well turn up eventually. The last thing I can think of is that Santa Cruz does offer 2* bidding, so depending on your requirements, you may want to consider that. (Maybe a lowball bid for a 2*?)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]