By WzDancer,
in

Hilton Miami Downtown

1601 Biscayne Boulevard

Miami, Florida 33132

305-374-0000

Check-In Date: Friday, November 28, 2008

Check-Out Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008

I know the economy is not in good shape and we should be frugal. But when I saw this 7-night Western Caribean Cruise for $249 from NCL, I dicided to do my part of economy stimulation. Alaska Airlines even found AA flights from San Jose for us at 25,000 miles plus $10 PP, but we have to be in Miami for 2 nights before the cruise.

Seeing one of our BetterBidder accepted by the 4* Hyatt on the first try, I start with $50 for 4* and $53 for 3.5* and finally accepted at $55 for 3*. I believe this Hilton, by the OMNI Mall, is not too far from the port.

The 2008 AAA book does not list this Hilton. The Hilton web site quotes "Room Assigned at Check-in" rates of $127 non-refundable and $170 refundable.

I started the bidding using the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success!

Now that the cruiselines have dropped their fuel surcharge (at least RCCL has, i'm assuming others have, or will. follow suit) we're hoping to find some last minute cruise deals such as this... ideally leaving from a NYC Port as not having to fly makes traveling with two small children that much easier.

Glad to hear you were able to score this great deal on the cruise, and an equally good deal on the pre-cruise hotel stay.

Thank you for sharing this with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

This location used to be a Raddisson. There are expensive looking condos nearby and a The Grand DoubleTree next door. But there is little life on the street. The OMNI complex is under construction won't be ready until Feb. 09. There are two fast food restaurants across the Biscayne Blvd, the doors are locked in the evening until they verify the customers.

There is a Metromover station one block away, it provide free rides to "Downtown" and Brickell Financial District.

We have a room on the 11th floor with a view of the bay and Miami Beach. There is free Wi-Fi access in th lobby. I have some companies here.

The taxi ride from MIA costs around $22. Hotel staff told me the taxi ride to the cruise ships costs around $10. For $55/night, I rate this place acceptable for a stay before or after the cruise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]