Priceline Hotel: Danger of Sheraton on Waikiki Beach Bidding??

peakay
By peakay,
in

Hi there,

We booked flights to Oahu on 12/9-12/14 and are now looking for rooms. It seems like the best options that people are winning are hilton hawaiin village or hyatt regency.

*** However, we really DO NOT want the Sheraton. Any idea what the risk is of getting that one right now?

Also, we see some great rates on other islands, especially the big island, which could make it worth it to pay for an island hop flight. any idea how to get the best deals on those short flights?

Thank you! Ex-TOBB member who is leaving them due to their site being locked and snarky mods!

I don't know if you have seen the Sheraton since the remodel but the place is quite nice and its right on the ocean.

I'm just fearful of construction noise, traffic and convention activity. When did you last stay there and what was it like?

Original question: is the Sheraton coming up on PL or not? And. if so, do you get an ocean room or are you banished to overlooking construction?

If you enter "Sheraton Waikiki" (without the quotes) in the QUICK SEARCH box in the blue banner at the top of the board you'll see all recent wins for this property... it has been won recently on HOTWIRE and a few months ago via PRICELINE, so i would think that landing this property is definately a possibility.

I would instead use HOTWIRE and see if the Sheraton can be excluded from the possibilities of the hotel(s) you're being offered within your budget and star rating.

Let us know what you find on your HOTWIRE search.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

We just tried some low rates on priceline and want to share info. Used the BB PRICELINE link for credit to this forum. Bid was for Waikiki beach. started at 81 and moved up $5 increments using free rebid zones to $101. No luck, but these are low rates.

We have a $179 reservation for oceanfront at the Sheraton (Yes, despite my earlier thead - the offer was too good not to use as a cancellable backup...) and the last day to cancel is today. Views are important to us, but if we could save 300+ on a 5 night stay then we would take our chances.

Any tips out there for a better deal?? We'd really prefer the Moana but can't seem to work any rates there.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Just to follow up, we ended up trying the sheraton wikiki...big mistake. I recommend to avoid this place at all costs. The roooms were dirty and it just had a very ugly, depressing vibe. We begged out of that one and they allowed us to change to the moana surfrider since it is also sheraton, which is a very nice property! It's old, but very charming and we had a wonderful stay. High;ly recommended. post or Pm if you want more details.

I'm with you. . . . I won this hotel last July and LOVED IT. Location is second to none, service was very good, rooms where spacious (newly renovated) and very comfortable, and the pool area is amazing!!!! Not to add this hotel is on the beach. I would love to get this win again, but for October I got the Marriott. The Marriott is fine, but IMO the Sheraton Waikiki is the BEST!!!!! Anybody winning this hotel will not be disappointed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]