Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sofitel

KennySC
By KennySC,
in

This is what i've been bidding every few days for Dec 5-8. So far no bites but i keep telling myself to be patient. In the past things haven't moved until less than a week until check-in. I'm hoping something frees up right after Thanksgiving. Thoughts? Anyone else bidding these dates?

Select 4* TS and bid

This is the one pre-Christmas weekend that we have not yet seen a drop in rates.

Do you have a back-up reservation yet? If not, you may want to consider the Demond Tutu Center for $199/thru Quickbook. While the location is a little off the beaten path (10-15 minute walk to the subway... shorter walk to a bus which will take you crosstown towards the East side as well as subway stops) i was surprised when walking by here a few months ago that the area is becoming regentrified and is becoming 'hip' with bars, restaurants, and shops. As well, the reviews have been great, the rate includes breakfast, but most important of all, is fully refundable up until a few days before your stay so you can put your mind at ease and know you have a good hotel reserved should PRICELINE (or HOTWIRE) not come thru for you.

Please remember to use our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links (or our Quickbook link if you reserve the above as a back-up)

Thoughts?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My backup reservation is the Milford Plaza and mostly due to location. My wife prefers the TS location so I'll continue working that area. As time goes I'll up my bids to the price I'd be paying there while still seaching the sites you've provided. I'm also bidding a little at the 3.5 level but with lower bids and only in TS and MTW with 3 free bids. Patience! Patience! Patience!!!!

It appears that your price at the Milford Plaza is at least $250+ at which piont I would at least present the idea of the Desmond Tutu to your wife based upon the reviews (and my opinion of the Milford Plaza... which while some peopole like, i think really only location going for it)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will do but i believe in the end I can get at least a 3 1/2 star in that area and stay below the almost $300/night average for the Milford Plaza. I agree the Milford Plaza is not the best and is only listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel. It would be pretty cool to stay at a hotel called the Desmond Tutu! :)

but i believe in the end I can get at least a 3 1/2 star in that area and stay below the almost $300/night

...but if the Desmond Tutu is acceptable (at $199/nite) then perhaps you would re-adjust the price you're trying to beat (from $300 to $199... or perhaps $225 if staying in the Times Square zone is worth an extra $25/nite, or $250 if worth an extra $50/nite, etc)

The point is that the rate thru Quickbook is refundable (always doublecheck yourself) and, at least in my opinion, would be a better choice than the Milford Plaza. If you prefer the Milford than by all means use that as your back-up and price ot beat, but if the Desmond Tutu may be an option, booking a refundable back-up there can't hurt, and it could help, if PRICELINE doesn't come thru with lower prices than are currently offered.

My .02 (which may only be worth .01 :) )

I noticed on HOTWIRE a 2 1/2 * in the TS district for $225 which (from your list) is probably the Milford Plaza. That would be a huge discount from the reservation i currently have with them. I'm wanting at least a 3 1/2 * but if nothing opens up for me on Priceline and that deal doesn't go away that could be an option. In addition to the Desmond Tutu... :)

Patience does pay... I'm thrilled...

Sofitel New York

Midtown West

45 West 44th Street

New York, New York 10036

212-354-8844

Check-In Date:

Fri, Dec 5, 2008 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Mon, Dec 8, 2008 / 12:00 PM

Reservation and Billing Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $205.00

Subtotal: $615.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $115.96

Total Charges*: $730.96

I used PRICELINE link and thanks for all the help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear your perseverance paid off and you received a great hotel in one of your prefered zoned. This hotel gets great reviews and doesn't come up too often... an MUCH better property than the Milford Plaza.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Have a great time in NYC and enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]