Priceline Hotel: Seacaucus-North Bergen

nichan
By nichan,
in

You won't get burned if you use the proper way to check your re-bid zones: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained

Feel free to ask questions and confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

What are the date(s) of your stay? Maximum budget?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

Thanks for the quick response, I'm looking for Friday night 11/28/08, max bid I would like is $85, I've started at $68 (rejected) added West Orange and increased to $71 and was unsure of adding Seacacus-North Bergen as a free rebid in case there may be some 3.5 hotels there.

Have you checked your re-bid zones... as you actually have THREE of them.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for this nite? Both the Hyatt and the Doubletree are $200+ for this nite, which would make your maximum bid less than half of prevailing rates. Do you have a back-up plan is you're rejected up to $85?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

I did try the free rebids with no luck so far, most likely will try again tomorrow, backup plan most likely will be Morristown as I recently stayed at the Hyatt there. I'm watching the hotel web sites for Jersey City to see if they start to come down, amazing that another bidder has gotten the JC Hyatt for $75 from the 23-27 but the rate is showing on the Hyatt web site at $179

With your three re-bid zones i would be using the following (NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc):

Select 3.5* Jersey City...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Jersey City and re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90 (if you want to try an extra $5)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and keep us updated as to your progress. If/when you decide to add Morristown let us know and we'll revise the strategy accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]