Priceline Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Downtown-Riverwalk) Marriott Plaza

iamian
By iamian,
in

Bid $80, which was rejected. Re-bid $85 and won.

On Nov 13th, I bid 4* downtown San Antonio Downtown/ Riverwalk...after rejected bid, added San Antonio South as additional area (this area does not have a 4* hotel).

Date 11/28 to 11/30

Room plus taxes = $405

I stayed at this hotel before and it is more like a 3* or 3 1/2 *...but $85 is still a great price for the area. Among all 4* in San Antonio downtown riverwalk, I would rank this hotel at the bottom ( I have stayed at 5 other 4* hotels in this same riverwalk area). :)

I'm scared to get the Emily Morgan. Have you stayed there before? I've stayed at this Marriott years ago and loved the location, if it's right on the Riverwalk and close to the mall.

Are you kidding me? I prayed to get the EMily Morgan when I bid. I have stayed there twice. The rooms are nice and spacious, with lots of decorating updates. Many rooms have whirlpool hotubs. Because this isnt a mega hotel (super busy, super loud), the lobby area is nice to sit down and relax in too. In the winter they turn on a fireplace to give it a cozy feeling. Back in the late 80's the entire building underwent a major renovation...the updates now are mostly cosmetic, but the rooms have modern climate controls and the windows are either thick glass or doublepaned. If you are thinking this is an ancient hotel with no updates, you have been mislead somewhere along the way. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]