Priceline Hotel: Best area for sightseeing in Chicago

bkcadavis
By bkcadavis,
in

We would like to go to Chicago this weekend on the amtrak. We've been there several times but we've never been without a car. Can anyone suggest a good area to search for a hotel?

We are wanting to go to Macy's on State. Aurelios on West Harrison street and Science and Industry. Any suggestions? TIA!

Kristen

The NMA and Loop zones usually work out best for the typical visitor, but you should check the boundaries of each to ensure if both (or either) will work for your needs.

Both zones are adjacent to one another, with the NMA zone being a bit more 'lively' with restaurant, bars, nightlife, etc. while the Loop zone can get a bit quiet at nite.. but the two zones are close enough to each other that you can take a moderate walk from one to the other or an inexpensive cab ride.

If your plans are firm let us know which zone(s) you're willing to bid, your minimum star rating, and maximum bid amount and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

I suspect that AaronJB will add some more specific info once he sees this thread as he know the area well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only downtown areas that I would recommend in terms of hotel would be the River North/North Michigan area (North of the river) and the Millennium Park/Loop area to the South of the river. Personally, I find the River North/NMA area a preferable area out of the two - as mentioned above, the Loop area can get awfully quiet (especially in the Fall/Winter) at night.

In terms of the suburbs, there are plenty of areas I'd recommend in the 'burbs, but they would require a car.

What would your budget be in terms of hotel?

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]