Priceline Hotel: Washington DC - Intercontinental hotel

tommy1212
By tommy1212,
in

I am currently looking for a hotel in DC for early December (my budget is 100-150/night). I would like to stay at the intercontinental (Willard) (or another similar hotel in that area if anyone has advice) which is close to the major sites etc.

The dates for my travel are 12/3/08 to 12/7/08.

I wanted to know how I should bid in order to get the Intercontinental? Should I start bidding at $120-130 or if I start at $100 will I likely get another hotel? Thanks.

When using PRICELINE you can't bid for a specific hotel... nor is there anyway to target, or avoid, a particular property. You need to be preparared to win any hotel anywhere in the zone at the minimum star level you select.

If you're trying to target, or avoid, a specific property HOTWIRE may be a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to the property you're likely to receive. The trade-off is that PRICELINE is usually a little less expensive than HOTWIRE.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately there is no way to target a specific hotel using PRICELINE. It is a complete shot in the dark and you must be flexible in where you are willing to stay. Strategic bidding only guarantees you the possibility of over-paying for a hotel which you may not want.

With that being said, the Willard Intercontinental is in the White House - Downtown zone on PRICELINE and here are some other hotels that have been reported to the board in that area:

Hilton Capitol Hill

JW Marriott

Loews Madison

Renaissance Mayflower

Sofitel Lafayette Square

Are any of these options for you?

What is your maximum budget (excluding taxes and fees)?

If you are looking for a specific hotel, HOTWIRE may be a better route because you have a chance at narrowing down which hotel it is depending on the amenities it lists.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]